Friday, August 24, 2007

And to think that I saw it on MY street ...

Yesterday I had my usual H&R Block class, and because I've been having contractions off an on all day and was afraid of my water breaking and having to take an ambulance to the hospital and Matt not being able to get to the hospital because I had the car and Mysia's car seat, I had Matt drive me to my class and then go visit with his mom, so he'd be close by if I needed him. As it turned out it was a good thing I did. No, Malachi did not decide to make his appearance. But as we were making our way home about 9:25 we found our street was blocked from both ends. Matt got out and spoke to the police man at one end and was told, No we could not go home there was a man barricaded in one of the corner houses with a shotgun! So we went back to Vicki's to await word that it was safe to go home. Luckily, by the 10 o'clock news the whole situation was cleared up and we were back home by 10:30.

Here's the official news report:

Authorities arrest suspect on firearms warrant after negotiations

Springfield police had to use a negotiator last night to apprehend a man on a federal firearms warrant.

Lt. Jay Huff said police assisted federal authorities in arresting Russell Metcalf before 10 p.m. near Oak Grove Avenue and Atlantic Street.

Metcalf, 45, is charged with felony firearm possession in federal court.

Huff said police set up a perimeter around a house where the suspect was located. A negotiator talked the suspect into leaving the house without any problems, he said.

The Combined Ozark Multi-jurisdictional Enforcement Team; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the Missouri Highway Patrol were involved in the arrest.

I continued to have contractions the rest of the evening but after I went to bed they tapered off and by this morning, nothing. So I suppose one of these days I'm just going to wake up and find this little booger laying next to me (haha) either that or I'll be forever pregnant. :(
Well I'll write more later,
Lydia

No comments: