Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday

For a Super Tuesday, yesterday was more of a slow day at work. So I had time to play around with some graphics. Nothing major, just sharpening my designing skills.

After work, I came home and Lydia and I (with Malachi) rushed to the polls to do our duty and right as a citizen... vote. It would have been a quick thing too, if a lady wasn't holding up the line because she didn't know how to draw a line in an arrow for her chosen candidate!

I'm just praying that through it all, God's will be done.

We then headed out to my parents house to pick up Mysia. (Mysia goes with them to homeschool co-op on Tuesdays) On the way, I called my mom and found out they were at my Grandma's house next door. So we went over there, and Grandma fed us supper. She had made bisquets with brown gravey, fried potatoes, fried apples, and sausage. As I had mentioned to them last night, it was what I called a "Classic Grandma Dinner". Growing up, this was a dinner that my Grandma always made when visiting her. No one else made it. It was something she obviously liked making, and did it quite often. Eating it brought back a lot of memories for me of the times we spent with them in Colorado.

While over there, we watched "Wheel of Fortune" and challenged each other with each puzzle. We all also got frustrated when the weatherman would cut in telling us about a flash flood!
We also tried watching the early predictions of the polls, but the scrolling bar for the weather kept getting in what the numbers were! Oh, and the media commentary of who the were predicting was also annoying!

Overall it was a good day yesterday.

Oh... remember I mentioned how warm it was here the other day? And how Mysia, Malachi, and I were outside without any coat or jacket due to the warmth? Well, I woke up this morning with it snowing and a dusting already on the ground!!!!

Thats Springfield weather for you!

Oh well, "Let it Snow!"

~Matt

PS Lydia and I ordered laptops, and it appears they should be in today! So I'm excited!

No comments: