Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a Week!! (5/22/08)

Thursday: we spent a rather slow day around the house cleaning and getting things ready for the party.
Friday: went grocery shopping and got ready for the party. We had 4 couples join us for some food and fellowship. The food was absolutely delicious and we had a blast playing another round of our getting to know you game and several hands of Apples to Apples and just sitting around and fellowshipping with one another.

Saturday: After a late night on Friday we decided to sleep in a bit. When we got up Matt mowed the lawn and ran to Aldis while I got the kids ready, we heard Matt's brother and sister-in-law were in town but since they hadn't informed us they were coming we had already made plans to go to SDC (Silver Dollar City, for those of you who don't live in the area.) We went ahead and drove to Branson and spent a wonderful day at the park with the kids riding rides and having a good ole time. We were exhausted when we got home so we put the kids to bed. However, since we have white sheets on our bed and our feet were black from wearing sandals, Matt and I decided to take showers before going to bed. As I was washing the bottom of my feet I leaned against the wall and CRASH down I went, through the wall. Apparently some of the tiles hadn't been sealed properly allowing water to seep behind it and rot out the dry wall so now I have a huge hole in my wall (Matt used duck tape and a garbage bag to cover it temporarily)

Sunday: was pretty normal except instead of coming home for lunch we spent the after noon with my sisters at the place they were house sitting.

Monday: Matt went back to work, and we had our State of the Family meeting that evening. And Matt helped my sister make some CD's that she had been wanting.

Tuesday: This was Mysia's end of the year party at Co-Op so Mommy, Mysia, and Malachi all went to co-op, after Co-op Mommy had to go to a meeting about setting up her classes for H&R Block. When we were done I was getting Malachi from Matt, to put him back in his car seat, he had been ridding shot gun with Daddy while they waited. As I leaned in to pick him up he flipped his little hand up and OUCH inserted his finger in my eye. While it was painful at the moment I hoped it wouldn't amount to anything. We went ahead and finished doing what needed to be done And that was going to Lowes to get the things we needed to fix the bathroom. It turned out to be cheaper to buy a set of surrounding walls that attach to the studs then it would be to get the paneling and have to put new dry wall in, so we bought a complete set, walls and tub, new faucets and new shower doors. We also got a board for the swing set that would make it possible to hang a baby swing for Malachi up. When we headed for bed my eye suddenly started hurting really bad, it kinda felt like I had a piece of glass under the lid, Matt helped me look and see if there was anything in there, nothing, so, hoping I could sleep it off I went to bed.

Wednesday: I woke up to extreme pain in my right eye, I could hardly get it open. After afew minutes of discussion with Matt about our options I called the lady I babysit for and told her due to the situation I would not be able to watch her son today. I also called the nurse on call who told me to call the doctor when they opened up which I did. My regular doctor was unable to work me in until late that afternoon so we went to Urgent Care where the Doctor told me that I indeed had a scratch on my eye, that according to him should heal within 24 to 48 hrs and to just use liquid tears to sooth the eye. We went to Walmart and got what we needed and when we arrived home I spent most of the day on the couch lounging around because my eye hurt so bad. We went to church that night. It was our award ceremony as well as the last night for Masters Club and we helped hand out the awards. There was a surprise for us as well, Mysia had participated in a Mailbox coloring contest and won 2nd place nationally for her age group, she also received a ribbon for learning her memory verses and first place for the coloring contest at our church. We are very proud of her.
Thursday: today my eye is doing a little better. It is very sensitive to light so I'm wearing an eye patch to keep it from hurting. hope fully it will be completely better by tomorrow.

Until Later
~Lydia~

No comments: