Monday, August 25, 2008

A Day Outside!


On Saturday, after a full nights rest, I got up and moving. My chest pains had subsided. I made breakfast, and Lydia got the kids ready. We ate and then when outside. We ended up spending most of the day outside.

Lydia and I pulled out the box that contained her swing. I opened it started pulling out the pieces. I got scared at first... I couldn't find the instructions! After searching everywhere, I opened the seat and there it was. Whew...!

Lydia studied a bit for her H&R Block classes relaxed at her lawn table (under the shade of the umbrella) while watching the kids. Malachi played a bit in the yard, got to swing for a bit, and took naps inside. Since the weather was pretty cool, we just set up his baby monitor in the window during his nap so Lydia could tell when he woke up. Mysia played on her fort, had some fun on her swing, enjoyed her slide, and took some markers and drew on the cardboard from Lydia's new swing.

All of that time of their fun, I spent putting the swing together. It was quite a task! Toward the end, Lydia helped with the swing part, after I had gotten the frame put together.

During one of the breaks, during Malachi's nap, we ate ice cream!

After getting the swing completely installed and put together, Lydia got out the water hose and sprayer. She started spraying Mysia and Malachi with a mist. Mysia liked it and squealed in delight... Malachi screamed. He didn't like it at all.

Lydia let Mysia play with the water, while she gave Malachi a haircut. I needed one too, so Lydia cut mine as well. After I was finished, I took the hose and washed all the hair clippings off my head. Lydia then sprayed me, getting all the loose hairs my shoulders and arms. We ended up squirting each other. Mysia sure enjoyed spraying us!

I then got a cool idea... I put the sprayer at the top of the slide, and told Mysia to slide down it. She did.... she flew off about three feet! After a few times, Lydia added to the idea by grabbing the semi-inflated toddler pool and putting it under the slide. With that, Mysia ended up sliding out of the pool!

With our neat idea put into play, it was Lydia and I to have a turn. Hey... we had fun! During our turns, we each slid out of the pool as well! As the pool started to fill with water, it stopped Mysia from going to far. Malachi just stood nearby and watched. He did not go near the pool. When Lydia tried to get him in, he screamed.

We had a blast. And as it was nearing 3pm, we decided to pack up everything up and go inside. Mysia hadn't had a nap, and we wanted to give both kids a bath. Mysia was first, then Malachi. Mysia ended up taking a nap on the couch. Dsuring this time, my chest pains were still present, but not super intense. I rested a bit, and Malachi played.

We had been invited to our Sunday School Class's activity that evening, so we dropped both kids off at Lydia's folks! Lydia and I then shared a great evening with our friends playing games, eating great food, and enjoying fun conversation...

A busy day, but a lot of fun!

~Matt

No comments: