Friday, August 22, 2008

My Birthday weekend!

As I mentioned in my last post after Daryn and Amber's wedding we went to Wal-Mart to look for my Birthday present. Since we have a yard now I have really been wanting to get a swing (for me) and we had seen one at Wal-Mart that was fairly reasonable, so we decided to stop and pick it up since Matt would have to find time to put it together before my party, a week away. Well we get there and start looking around and at first we were a little frustrated because when we were there the last time we had also seen a patio set, table and chairs that was on sale, nothing fancy just a decent round plastic table and some nice looking chairs to go with it, well they weren't in the same spot we had seen them before so we're looking around trying to find them and finaly give up and go back out to where the swing is set up. While we're waiting for some one to comeover and help us with that I'm looking around and notice that the table and chairs have been moved to directly behind the swing so we look at it and get it put on the cart. Then we find out that the swings are sold out, the only one in the store is the one on display. So now we have three choices, we can take it as is, all put together, which means we'd have to find some one with a really big truck; or we could buy it and let them take it apart which would take a couple of days and hope that they give us all of the pieces and nothing breaks; or we can go home and order it on line and use site to store shipping. After discussing it for a while, we deside to go to the new Walmart closer to our house and see if they had one there, and if not order it on line. Our Wal-Mart didn't have it, so we went home and I ordered it on line only to dicover that the site-to-store shipping wasn't avalable on this item and it was going to cost us another $80 to have it shiped to the house, I was a little frustrated, but Matt said go ahead and order it, so I did. Now we just had to hope it would show up in time, I had also ordered and umbrella for the patio table, that was sent site-to-store.
The week was pretty normal, I watched Aaron and tried to get the house cleaned up in preparation for Saturday. Friday night, my sister took the kids to spend the night with her while Matt and I had a semi date-night, we took Abigail with us to an English Country Dance held by some local home-schoolers. It was a blast! This is not a dance as most of you would think of dance this is old fashioned, proper dancing, like in Pride and Prejudiced, no touching other than the hands, and the guys have to be gentlemen and ask the ladies and the girls have to be ladies and not ask the gentlemen; they also had a rule that unless you were in a committed relationship (married, engaged, dating/courting) you could not dance with the same partner twice. The dances aren't to hard once you figure them out, but you have to go through the steps several times to get it, at least I do and then when every one's got it and we start dancing to the music it goes very fast. I think I have finally figured out why women in the 1800 were so skinny! It is a wonderful workout, and a great time. This is the second Dance Matt and I have been to and we can't wait till they have another one. It is a great social activity.
Saturday, unfortunately, my umbrella and swing had not made it in yet, but we decided to have the party outside anyway. Matt grilled some burgers and hot dog and my family brought some side dishes, Matt's family, including his brother who lives in Columbia, came to, but Ben and Ana had taken them all out to eat so they weren't hungry. And our friend Noah dropped by and ate with us too. We rushed dinner a bit because Ben and Ana had to go, they had to drop her niece back off at her parents and then head back to Columbia. We had the cake and Ice cream, which Ana couldn't eat, cause she's expecting and I guess is high risk for developing gestational diabetes, anyway she's not allowed to have sweets during the pregnancy. Then I opened my presents I got a nice frame and shirt from Garry and Vicki, my in-laws, and Wal-Mart gift cards and cash from just about everyone else, which was exactly what I wanted, now I can go shopping and get me some new clothes and other things I had been wanting. yay! Sunday was church as usual and we had our monthly Birthday- anniversary dinner which meant I got to go first in line, the food was delicious, as usual. Monday was my birthday, I relaxed a bit, caught up on my email and other computer stuff, took two test for my H&R Block training courses and passed both! yay! And watched the kids, Matt volunteered to take me out to dinner, I didn't argue and we went to RibCrib which is really close to us and one of my favorite places to eat, and then I went and donated plasma. My umbrella came in on Tuesday and I went and picked it up after my Class, and on Wednesday the shipping company called and said they would deliver my swing on Thursday or Friday, it came Thursday morning, Matt is going to try and put it together tomorrow.
I got to go get Malachi out of the kitchen cabinets, for some reason he really likes to play in them and make a mess. :)
~Lydia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you had a good birthday. I didn't realize it was last week.

The Paasch Family said...

Thanks, I did.