Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week Rundown! (03/10/13 - 03/16/13)



The week started off with Daylight Savings Time... yuck. Not the favorite thing to do. Wake up an hour early, especially on Sunday. But, we did. The services were great, and we took naps in the afternoon! That evening, we made chore and behavior charts for all to follow.

It was spring break all week for Lydia and Mysia. Mysia got to spend her days at the Boys and Girls Club, while Lydia put in extra hours at work. I also was on-air extra, filling in from 3-6pm all week! Monday evening Lydia took Mysia to piano lessons.

We made Tuesday our "Family Day". We enjoyed the morning at home and then Lydia spent time with her sister Adria that afternoon. I took the kids in to work with me for a bit so I could get the on-air shows recorded for the day. They watched a movie in my office and then we came home. As a family, we went shopping for some household things that evening. Yes... Our day off was spent on projects around the house! The kids were happy that we finally bought fish for our empty fish-tank.... we're hoping they won't die! We made "Taco Cupcakes" for supper and got our 'projects' completed before bed.

Abigail picked up Mysia and Malachi for the afternoon on Wednesday. Her and Ethan took them to the park to play. The kids then had supper at Granny's before meeting us at church. We had a missionary in from Romania, who gave an interesting presentation and took questions from the children.

Thursday was unique. I spent my day at work getting ready for the big Gaither Vocal Band concert that evening. Once off work, I picked up Malachi and headed home. Lydia, Mysia, and our babysitter Becca, got there not too long afterwards. We had found an upright piano on Craigslist several weeks ago, and they guy delivered it to our house around 5. It was heavy, but we finally got it in the living room. (One of our projects from Tuesday was making room for it). Lydia and I left and had dinner with our friends Ken & Linda before heading to the concert. And what an event it was! I believe it was the best concert I've ever been to!!!

Friday evening was relaxing. The weather was super nice, with a record high of 82 degrees! I came home and made hamburgers in the outdoor grill while the kids enjoyed playing in our front yard. Once Lydia came home from work, we ate supper and watched some Marvel Avenger cartoons on Netflix. It was then time for showers and we all ended up going to bed early.

Saturday morning came early! It was scheduled to be a very busy day. Sam came before 8 and picked up the kids for Tae Kwon Do class. Lydia went to work, and I headed out for my work's Southern Gospel Talent Contest. I was a preliminary judge. Mysia and Malachi got to spend the afternoon at Granny's until Lydia picked them up after she got off work. They ate supper and came to the "Main Event" to hear a few of the final contestants. They went home and to bed. Once all was done, I arrived home later that evening and crashed!


~Matt

No comments: