Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week Rundown! (08/18/13 - 08/24/13)


Sunday was Lydia's birthday. I woke her up before heading to church for van route and gave her card. The kids then gave her their card creations once they woke up. We enjoyed the services, and afterwards, Mysia went with Granny and Granddad to play piano at the nursing home. She did very well. The rest of us went home and took naps. We watched a little bit of tv before heading back to church. After the evening services, we treated Lydia to a late supper and dessert at Rib Crib for her birthday. Several of our extended family members met us there to celebrate as well!

Monday was a day of nice weather. We got up and did our well with our new morning schedule! The kids made it to school, and Lydia and I made it to the workplace on time!!! After school, I dropped the kids off at Granny's house and headed back to work to until five. That evening, the kids and I put their school supplies up and got supper ready. Mysia was disappointed that no homework was sent home. I had them take their showers and be ready for bed, then let them watch tv and play until Lydia returned home from her Zumba class. I then mowed the lawn before it got dark.

We had nice day on Tuesday. Lydia started her classes for the semester. That evening we ate supper and I headed out for church drama practice. Lydia and Mysia worked on homework. Mysia was disappointed that she was only given one sheet and that it was "too easy". The kids were ready for bed when I returned home. Lydia worked on homework until bedtime. She was exhausted.

We got of to school and work with no problems Wednesday morning. Mysia was excited since it was the start of the BRIDGES program. She was hoping that she'd have homework. She claims that her day in the special education program as a 10. She did have a few pages of homework, and Malachi was pleased to announce that he is glad that he won't have any until the first of next month. The kids got to spend time at granny's after school, then it was home to eat and get ready for church. Lydia attended a Zumba class after work, so once she arrived home, she quickly ate and we headed out. It was the first day for Master Club's Children Services, so it was fun and adventurous at church. Afterwards, the kids went to bed and Lydia worked on some homework.

I left for work on Thursday and Lydia dropped the kids off at school before heading to her college classes. After school let out, I dropped the kids off at Granny's and went back to work until 5.   Once home for the evening, we had chicken sandwiches for supper and I rushed off to the Men's Bible Study at church. Lydia and the kids got things ready for our vacation for the weekend. When I arrived home, the kids were already in bed asleep. Lydia worked on PTA projects and homework. I helped pack and get things ready to go into the van for our trip. Lydia gave me a much needed haircut before bed.

Friday was full of excitement. I got up, packed our stuff in the van, and then left for work earlier than normal. Lydia and the kids got ready for the day, and packed the rest of their things. Lydia then dropped them off at school and headed into work. Once I arrived at the radio station, I did what needed to be done around the office before the entire staff left for Silver Dollar City. We spent the entire day on the park handing out our hand fans (that I designed) to all those attending the Southern Gospel Picnic festival. I got to hear some great music, and bug people as I tried to give them each a fan. We finished and my boss dropped me off at the hotel (Splash Country Inn). Lydia got off work, met the kids at school, attended a PTA meeting, and then picked up some supper for her and the kids while they headed to Branson to meet up with me. As I waited, I cooled off in one of the outdoor pools. I then ate supper when they arrived, and the kids and I enjoyed the indoor water park for a few hours while Lydia tried to focus on her homework. We came back to the room, and Lydia joined us in the indoor pool for a swim before bed.

We were all tired on Saturday, so we slept in. Not the easiest thing to do on a different bed in a hotel room. We ate bagels for breakfast and then headed out to White Water. We spent hours in the tidal wave pool, riding each slide, and floating down the lazy river. We ate a quick lunch at the van (peanut butter & jelly sandwiches). We returned to the water park and did many of the same things over again. By the time 5pm came around, we were all tired. Back at the hotel, we napped and watched some Disney movies on the tv. After supper, quesadillas on the George Foreman grill we brought along, we went back to the indoor water park. It didn't take long for the kids (and us) to get tired, so we went back to our room and went to sleep!

~Matt

No comments: