Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week Rundown! (08/25/13 - 08/31/13)


We were still on our weekend vacation trip in Branson on Sunday. It was hard to say goodbye to a weekend of fun. It was nice to get a way from home. However, since we were busy for most of it, there wasn't much time for rest! We did get things unpacked and clothes washed once we returned home. The kids were exhausted. That evening, we attended Lycia and Jordan's wedding shower. Mysia got to help hand them the gifts. Afterwards, we returned home and went to bed.

Monday was back to school for the kids. Lydia and I went to work. I got off in time to pick both up from school, and we then headed out for Mysia's piano lessons. It was hot sitting in the car, but with the windows down and being able to play on the Nook, Malachi didn't care. Lydia had Zumba classes at home, so the kids and I ate supper, Mysia did her homework, and Malachi worked on picking up his room. They watched some television episodes until Lydia arrived at home. They then took their showers and went to bed. I worked on some of my projects and read up on some online articles.

Lydia had classes on Tuesday after dropping the kids off at school. I picked up the kids from school and dropped them off at Granny's house. After work I picked them back up and headed home. We all had a quick supper, and I left for church drama practice. The kids had showers and Lydia worked on some things around the house. Once I returned home, the kids went to bed and Lydia folded laundry before we went to bed.

I left for work on Wednesday, Lydia took the kids to school and then went into work. I picked both of them up from boys and girls club. They were very excited about the day! At BRIDGES, Mysia learned what a prefix, root (also called a base), and a suffix of a word is. She was thrilled because she understood what the teacher was talking about. We attended evening services at church, and once we returned home the kids read a few books before going to bed.

Thursday evening was a bit rushed for me. We ate supper and then Lydia worked on homework while the kids enjoyed the evening. I attended the men's Bible study at church. When I arrived back home, the kids were already in bed. I worked on a few graphic design projects, and Lydia continued with her homework.

Friday was exciting. After work, Lydia picked up the kids and headed home to start supper. I picked Sam up from work, and once we arrived home, I packed up our luggage for the weekend. We ate supper and Sam took the kids to the park to feed the ducks. They were to spend the weekend with him and Abigail. Lydia and I got into the KWFC vehicle and headed to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a weekend together. The kids slept at Granny's and Lydia made it to our hotel safely.

On Saturday, the kids attended taekwondo and then spent lunch at McDonalds with their uncle Sam. Back at Granny's, they swam for several hours. They also got to go shopping and play the Wii before showers and bed. Lydia and I enjoyed our morning resting and then we grabbed breakfast before headed to the Great Passion Play. I did a live broadcast on KWFC from 11-1, interviewing several from the play. They were trying to break an attendance record that evening, and we were helping give a push on-air. Although it was hot, the experience was great. Lydia and I had lunch downtown, checked out a few shops, and visited the spots of our marriage 10 years ago. We returned to the Great Passion Play grounds and took the Holy Land Tour, browsed the Bible Museum, enjoyed a great meal, and then watched the evening performance of the play.

~Matt

No comments: