Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week Rundown! (08/17/14 - 08/23/14)


Woke up and attended church services. We had lunch with our friends Chris and Courtney before doing our grocery run for the week. Since we all went as a family, it took a little longer than normal. We came home and rested a bit before heading out to Ridgecrest for the Hosea Bilyue Family concert.

Monday was another start of the school week, and we're getting used to the schedule. It was also Lydia's birthday! We met up for a lunch date at Olive Garden. She then headed back to work and I did some shopping before I grabbing the kids a little early from school. We then went to the doctor for Malachi's yearly check up. After meeting Lydia at home, we enjoyed supper at BBC with the new students. Malachi and Mysia spent the evening with Granny and Grandad while Lydia and I had a date night at the movies for her special day.  

After school on Tuesday, the kids spent the afternoon with Granny. That evening, we ate supper and had a visit with Uncle Sam and Aunt Madisen. They brought over their dog Galloway and got to know Buttercup since they're planning to watch her this weekend. They played Mario Kart with the kids. I left to attend a men's Bible study for a few hours.

On Wednesday, Lydia picked up Mysia early from school for her doctors appointment. I got Malachi at the regular time and he got to spend the remain workday with me in my office. After meeting at home, we ate a quick supper and then rushed off for evening services. It was hot and muggy as I took Buttercup for a walk before bed.

Thursday turned out to be pretty normal.The kids did well at school and enjoyed the afternoon with Granny. Lydia and I both had busy days at work. Mysia had some homework and Malachi played in his room. Lydia attended a "Trim Healthy Mama" meeting, so I made supper that evening and the kids and I watched some tv. After showers and before bed, we gathered some of our clothes and things to be packed for our family vacation this weekend.

Friday was hot and hectic, but fun. The kids woke up excited, helping us as we prepared for the weekend getting the final things packed up before school. Lydia left for work and I dropped the kids off before I headed to KWFC. I then traveled with my boss to Silver Dollar City. The KWFC radio staff spent most of the day handing out our popular Picnic Fans. After a late lunch, I rode the Outlaw Run roller-coaster and got to see the Mark Trammell Quartet. Visiting with Mark Trammell afterwards was the highlight of the day for me. My boss took me to the hotel that we had for the weekend and I visited one of the pools to cool down. Lydia got off work early and picked the kids up from school. They dropped the school bags at home and took Buttercup over to Aunt Madisen (for the weekend). Lydia and the kids drove to Branson and met me at the hotel. We then went for a dip in the pool before heading out to eat supper. We took advantage of the "area appreciation discount" and seen the show, the SIX. It was great! Back at the hotel, we spent over an hour swimming in the indoor pool before bed.

We slept in a bit on Saturday, but not much. The kids watched some cartoon and then we headed out for breakfast. After getting our bellies full, we visited the Creation Experience Museum and was led on a guided tour by our friend Dr. Rod Butterworth. We got to hold fossils, touch animals, and pose for pictures with a dinosaur! We then decided to visit the Branson Landing, walking from store to store. We purchased a few gifts for the kids and worked up another apatite. After eating a good supper, we spent the rest of the evening splashing and playing in the water and pool. We got to bed pretty late, and we were all worn out.

~ Matt

No comments: