Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week Rundown! (11/30/14 - 12/06/14)


Lydia woke up Sunday morning with severe pain in her left foot. She couldn't put any weight on it, so after dropping the kids off with Granny and Granddad, we headed off to the ER. After being admitted and x-rayed, they determined it was inflammation. They gave Lydia crutches, telling her to remain off the foot, and prescription drugs. We came home and had a late lunch. Lydia was in pain for the rest of the evening, hobbling around the house.  

A cold front moved in causing us to scrape our windows from ice Monday morning. After work Malachi and I took Mysia to piano lessons. I then dropped the kids of with Granny for the evening. Lydia discovered that she had a flat tire as she was leaving work, so ran over and put on the spare so she could make it home. We then attended the KWFC Christmas party and dinner. We ate, visited, and played a few games before picking up the kids and heading home.

I took the van in Tuesday morning to get the van's tire replaced, and ended up buying two. Lydia had PTA after work, so I picked up the kids and we came home. They worked on their homework and got their showers while I worked on supper. We got to watch Charlie Brown Christmas before bedtime.


Wednesday morning was a rush. Before heading out the door, Malachi quickly ate his oatmeal, got choked and vomited a bit. I didn't think anything of it until we got a call from the school nurse before lunch. Malachi was complaining of a grumbling stomach. I picked him up and he stayed in my office for the rest of the workday. He ate well, watched a few movies, and even took a nap. We picked up Mysia on the way home. Before Lydia arrived, Malachi vomited. Oh boy…! We ate supper and watched all the Frosty the Snowman movies. Mysia felt warm, so Lydia took her temperature. Sure enough, she was running a fever. Thankfully, both slept well through the night.

I stayed home with Mysia and Malachi on Thursday since both were recovering from their illness. Lydia came home and we had supper before I headed into work to run Patriot basketball on-air. Lydia and kids watched Peter Pan Live that evening and she was reading them a book when I arrived home.

On Friday, Lydia worked from home so that she could stay home with Mysia. Although she was better, it was a precaution. Malachi went to school, and I picked him up once I got off from work. We then grabbed pizza and the kids spend night with Memaw while Lydia and I headed to Joplin for her work's Christmas party! We had great food and fun, and got home late.

Lydia and I woke up Saturday and I left for a reading rehearsal at church. Lydia picked up the kids and did a grocery run. I took the van into the shop to get it aligned before meeting them home for a late lunch. We watched a movie and then they took naps before we headed out to see the Springfield Live Nativity at the fairgrounds. We then met with friends at Lambert's for dinner and fellowship. We got home pretty late, and the kids were ready for bed.

~Matt

No comments: