Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week Rundown! (12/14/14 - 12/20/14)


My stomach was sore on Sunday, but I made it through alright. We attended church services and then did some shopping before heading home for lunch. We actually got some naps and spent some family time together.

Monday was pretty normal. Mysia had piano lessons after I got off work, and we spent the evening at home working on homework.

Tuesday was a long day. We got up and the kids and I took Lydia into work. Right afterwards, I turned left onto another road and my VW Bug was struck on the passenger side. It shook us up. Mysia had a sore arm and chemical burn on her cheek from the side airbag. Malachi got attacked by Mysia's school books, and had a lump on his head and scratches on his forehead. Other then that, we walked away without any serious injuries. The car was towed away and my coworker Ray helped me get the minivan from home. I dropped the kids off at school and went to my Doctor's appointment. It was confirmed that I do have a hernia. I then got to visit the new offices for KWFC that are being constructed in preparation of the finalization of the station's sale to RTN. The school nurse called me and I picked up the kids since they were still a bit shook up from the wreck. We then picked up Lydia and took her to the doctor for her appointment she had that afternoon. We spent the rest of the day in the waiting room. By the time we got home, the kids were wore out. We ate a late, but quick supper, and went to bed.

Things were almost back to normal on Wednesday, except we were down to one vehicle. There we several things I had to deal with in making sure that the insurance had all the info, etc. We had a good evening at home.

I had an appointment with the surgeon on Thursday to discuss the future plans for my hernia. It looks like I'll be having surgery sometime late January. After Lydia and I got off work, the evening was spent visiting with our small group from church. We had a good time and enjoyed the fellowship.

The kids and I took Lydia to work on Friday. The kids were off school, so I spent the day with them. We did some shopping and did many house chores. I also had to "clean" out all of my possessions from the wrecked Bug. It was sad seeing it in such a smashed up state, a reminder that God had blessed us by keeping us from harm when the wreck happened.. I was informed by the insurance company that it was considered "totaled".

The kids got to spend Saturday afternoon with Granny while I took Lydia to the Passages (Bible) Museum. We spent several hours taking in the history the Scripture throughout the ages. That evening, we watched a few Christmas movies before going to bed.

~Matt

No comments: