Monday, June 11, 2012

Week Rundown! (06/03/12 - 06/09/12)



Sunday:

I made pancakes for those in the van ministry, and then we headed out to get those for church. During the afternoon, we took naps and it sure felt good! ;) Evening services were nice and afterwards Lydia and I worked on budget before going to bed.


Monday:

It was back to the weekday schedule.....

This evening, we enjoyed a "Salad Party" for supper. Afterwards, we spent some of the evening in my parents' above-ground pool. The day was hot, but boy... that water was cold!!! The kids didn't want to leave, but it sure was good to cool off for that swim!


Tuesday:

This evening, the kids went to Grandad's company picnic. Themed in "Dr Suess", they had a blast. They got to eat plenty of sugary snacks and play on the jump on the inflatables!

Lydia and I took the chance to 'get-away', and went to see "The Avengers"... it was awesome! It's a movie we'll most likely purchase when it comes out to DVD. After the movie, we picked up the kids, made it home, and went to bed.


Wednesday:

We came home, ate supper, and then headed to church. After services, we served the kids ice cream before sending them to bed.


Thursday:

I got to do the on-air shift from 3-6pm. Like always, it's fun to be able to pick some of the songs to play over the air-waves. I got to sneak a few of my personal favorites in!

Lydia took the kids to the library, and they enjoyed the time reading and picking out books for the week. We had a great evening together as family.


Friday:

A Note: A week from today, Mysia goes in for her tonsillectomy! If you want to get updated during that day, you can follow our facebook pages... or email us!

Lydia and I both had a short day at our places of employment, so we met at home for lunch and then when grocery shopping before picking the kids up. I was able to get my Father's Day gift... a new tackle box! I'm gearing up for the father & son fish-fry next weekend.

After supper, we headed out to a friend's wedding. Unfortunately, the gps/maps didn't work too well, and we ended up driving over an hour searching for the location. We finally had to give up, realizing we missed it. We were so disappointed...

Once back at home, we played a bit of Mario Kart on the wii before going to bed.


Saturday:

We woke up and did the weekend chores. I ran to the store to exchange my empty propane tank for a new one, and then attached it to my new outdoor grill I had gotten for my birthday. At lunch, I was able to use it! Yay!

We had some friends over for hamburgers and visit. The kids got the chance to play in the sprinkler in our backyard. We didn't spend too much time outside, and I'm thankful for air-conditioning!

We spent the evening relaxing inside. The kids wanted baths, and Mysia was first. However, Malachi ended up crashing on the living room floor waiting his turn, so I gave him a quick shower before putting him to bed.


~Matt

No comments: