Monday, December 31, 2012

Week Rundown! (12/23/12 - 12/29/12)



This was Christmas week... all planned out to spend with family. We thought we had things scheduled and nothing could go wrong, but we were incorrect. Thankfully it turned out fine. Since so much happened, I'm sure I'll leave something out!

Sunday afternoon we visited with Lydia's family at her mom's house. We exchanged some gifts and got to visit around the dinner table. The kids played some games, and they even got a bit of a nap before church services that evening. After church, we watched "It's a Wonderful Life".

We decided to wake up and have our 'family' Christmas on Monday. Mysia and Malachi didn't mind at all! They both got quite a bit of gifts. Mysia's favorite was a diary, and Malachi's was his Lego blocks! We spent most of the day letting the kids enjoy their gifts and watching some Christmas videos. We attended the Candlelight Service at our church. Mysia and Malachi were excited that they got to hold a candle. Malachi kept trying to see how hot it was by waving his hand over the top! Oh boy...!

Christmas day was fun! We headed over to my parents' house to hang out with my family. We opened gifts, ate dinner, and played games. The cousins had a blast playing and watching videos.

On Wednesday, Lydia went into work for a full day and I dropped the kids off with my folks before heading into my work for a few hours. After lunch, the kids and I headed home for naps and supper before we all went back to my folks' to once again hang out. Things were going good until Malachi started complaining about a tummy ache. We left for home, and Lydia was smart enough to ask to borrow the 'puke bucket' just in case. Sure enough, half-way home, Malachi used the bucket. This led to an interesting night for both him and I. We both camped out on the bottom bunk of his bunk-bed with the "puke bucket' nearby. He was able to rest, as I tried to find a comfortable position to sleep. By early morning, I got a report from my sister via text that the 'bug' had hit their house. Uh oh!

Thursday morning came, and I was pooped. I hadn't slept comfortably... however, Malachi was up and at it. It was like he hadn't been sick at all! He was asking for breakfast with no hint of complaining. We decided to stay home for the day to make  sure that we were all okay. Over at my parents' house, several were recovering from their sickness. We did go over and hang out later that evening.

Friday was fun as well. In the morning Lydia took a tax test (since she's an accountant) and I went into work for a few hours. We then headed back over to my parents' house for lunch. We visited for a few hours then headed back to the house. Sam and Abigail agreed to babysit the cousins while Lydia and I took BJ and Ana to Branson for a double-date. We had a great time. The kids were asleep when we returned.

Our nephew Elijah had spent the night with Malachi, and both boys were up playing on Saturday morning. Mysia was trying to make sure they kept out of trouble (a great big sister, of course). We let them watch some cartoons and have breakfast before we headed back over to my parents' house that afternoon. That evening, we went to Incredible Pizza for supper. After eating the buffet and chasing the kids around the arcade, we headed home for showers and bed before Church in the morning.

What a week!


~Matt

No comments: