Monday, February 18, 2013

Week Rundown! (02/03/13 - 02/09/13)



The first of the week went pretty well, nothing out of the ordinary. On tuesday, the kids and I beat Lydia home, so we had a quick supper. MeMaw (Paulette) visited with us that evening.

After church on Wednesday evening, we worked on getting Mysia and Malachi's valentine cards ready for the following day. Malachi had already made a box at his daycare, but Mysia needed one made. We worked past her bedtime to get it completed, but were very satisfied with the result!

Since Valentine's day was Thursday, I tried my best to make the day special for my sweetheart. I was able to have the flowers and gifts ready for her when she woke up. I took off work in the late afternoon, and we went out for an early dinner/late lunch before picking up the kids. It turned out great, and we was able to enjoy the time together. My parents picked up the kids for a short trip to get them ice cream cones. That made their day!

Friday was super busy for me. It was the day of KWFC's Cabin Fever Festival, and I had a ton to accomplish before concert time! I really enjoyed it though. Lydia and the kids attended the first part of the concert before returning home for bed. Since I worked it, I was there until the very end. Besides enjoying the great music, I got to visit with several of the artists... a big plus for me. One of the many benefits of working at the radio station! Of course, I enjoyed greeting and talking to our listeners, but visiting with people is always fun for me.

The kids and I had Taekwondo class on Saturday while Lydia went into work. We had a quick lunch and then headed to church for a surprise birthday party of one of our friends Doug. The theme was Mad Hatter, so we wore our funny hats! Malachi's buddy, Asa came over for the rest of the day, and spent the night. The boys played and played. If we ever wondered what it would have been like for Malachi to have a twin brother, this was our taste. They played like brothers, and had a great time before bed.

~Matt

No comments: