Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week Rundown! (03/31/13 - 04/06/13)


We celebrated Easter at church and then spent the afternoon at my parents' house. After eating lunch, the kids did an egg hunt in the front yard. The plastic eggs had change in them.... No kid is going to deny that money isn't neat! Then they hid the eggs for us to find. During the evening services, Mysia and Malachi sang "Jesus Loves The Little Children". They did a great job, and sang out loud and clear.

On Monday, Mysia brought home extra homework, promising her teacher that she'd have it all done and turned in the next day. So she worked at it for most of the evening. Malachi played... ;)

Sam came over on Tuesday to help the kids and I with our Tae Kwon Do forms. It was good to have some one-on-one instruction. We are hoping to test for the next belt in a few weeks.

After school on Wednesday, Lydia took Mysia to a special testing for the WINGS program (designed to identify academically gifted students). Mysia was recommended by her teacher since she is so smart for her age. She was nervous throughout the day, but was excited afterwards, claiming that it was pretty easy! We're so proud of her!

Thursday evening was nice but also hectic. Lydia worked on homework and we got several things accomplished around the house.

The weather was very nice on Friday. Once I picked up the kids and we got home, I pulled out the grill and got cooked salmon. It was great! Mysia and Malachi played outside, enjoying the sun. We opened the windows, airing out the house.

I didn't want to get up Saturday morning, but there were things to do. Lydia went into work and I took the kids to Tea Kwon Do class. Mysia and I were able to get a few more stripes on our white belts! Once home, we ate corndogs and took naps. Lydia had invited family over for supper since my birthday was coming up on Tuesday. So I pulled out the grill and got hamburgers ready. To my surprise, Lydia had bought tickets to see Jurassic Park 3D at the IMAX. Everyone wished me a happy birthday, and we ate supper and cake. I opened my gifts and left for the movie with Lydia. It was our first time to see a movie in 3D… and boy, it was good. Abigail watched both of the kids, and took them to the park and then McDonalds before they went to bed.

~Matt

No comments: