Thursday, April 10, 2014

Week Rundown! (03/30/14 - 04/05/14)


Malachi and I got up early on Sunday to attend Men's Prayer Breakfast at church. I then ran the van before morning service. Lydia had lunch with Madisen and Abigail, Malachi spent the afternoon with Granny and Granddad, and Mysia watched tv with me at home. After evening services, we ate a snack and watched The Andy Griffith show before bed.

Malachi and I took Mysia to piano lessons before coming home for the evening on Monday. The kids worked on homework, and we watched some tv before bed.

Tuesday was April Fools... the day to try and make fun with family. I was able to get the kids out of bed with a prank, saying the fish died. It worked. However, they got me back throughout the day.

Wednesday was a bit hectic at work, besides trying to get projects ready for the concert next week, we went off air! We had a component at our transmitter site burn out, causing us to be unable to broadcast. However, we were available online! That evening, the kids and I attended church services while Lydia was in class. We met at home afterwards and Lydia worked on homework before bed.

I picked up the kids on Thursday evening and we rushed to the church for the wedding rehearsal. Lydia met us there after class. We got to visit with my grandparents Paasch and my brother (Benjamin) and his family. It was fun doing some special things in preparation for the event. Sam and Madisen were a bit wore out, but it was a fun night.

I took off Friday to see if I could help Sam with some errands before his wedding that evening. However, I spent most of the morning at my parent's house visiting. Lydia had to work, and both Mysia and Malachi were at school. In fact, Mysia had a field trip to the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead. She was so excited to go, and came back with such excitement about her trip. After work, Lydia picked up the kids and met up with me at church. We then got dressed and ready for pictures. Once all of that was accomplished, we geared up for all of those attending as they walked in. We estimate about 500 showed up for Sam's wedding. Of course, all went well, and Sam is now a married man. We had fun at the reception too! Sam had me help give commentary with John while everyone was eating and watching the newlyweds cut the cake. After they were gone, we helped clean up before visiting family at my parent's house. It was a long night!

We slept in a bit on Saturday. Yes... we were wore out! Lydia went to work and the kids and I went over my parents to visit with family. Unfortunately, we missed my grandparents by about 10 minutes. The kids played with their cousins and really enjoyed spending time with them. If course I visited as well. We had pizza for lunch and talked throughout the afternoon. The kids and I had to stop by the store to pick up a few groceries before heading home. When Lydia came home from work, we got dressed up, dropped the kids of with Memaw, and then headed out to the Pregnancy Care Center Banquet. It was nice to enjoy the speaker and eat dinner with friends in support of the center. Needless to say, once home for the evening, we just went to bed. What a weekend!

~Matt

No comments: