Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week Rundown! (04/06/14 - 04/12/14)


The kids and Lydia helped with me on the church van route Sunday morning. Mysia spent the afternoon with her Aunt Abigail. Lydia had to do some shopping for PTA, and then I made a quick grocery run while she worked on desserts. Malachi watched "Cars" (his favorite movie) and took a nap. After evening services, we attended the Desert Auction. The youth department raised over $8,500 for camp!

Monday was a pretty normal day. Malachi and I took Mysia to piano lessons after I got off work, and then we went shopping at Walmart to get Mysia some new shirts. After supper, we helped with the kids before they went to bed.

I got up early  Tuesday and voluterred to help set up for the "All Pro Dads" breakfast at school. Lydia dropped the kids off and we were able to enjoy breakfast together before they went to class. After work, I picked up the kids and once home we ate and worked on homework before Lydia came home from college. The kids played until time for showers and bed. I worked on some projects while Lydia worked on her homework.

Wednesday was my birthday, so I took the day of work! Lydia dropped the kids off at school before heading into work. Malachi called me from school to let me know that he left his lunchbox at home. I took it to him and then went on a lunch-date with Lydia to HuHot. On my way home, I got a free birthday drink from Sonic. For supper, I was treated to a free spaghetti bowl from Fazoli's. The kids and I attended evening services at church and then met Lydia at home.

I picked Malachi up after work on Thursday and we ate supper at home. After her class, Lydia got Mysia and met us at home. We ate supper and the kids did their homework and took showers before bed.

There wasn't school, so the kids spent the day at the boys and girls club. Lydia and Malachi attended a "Fashion Show" that Mysia was a part of that evening. She was all dressed up and did very well. I worked the KWFC Anniversary Concert, so my day was a bit hectic. However, I enjoyed every minute of it! I got to see friends, visit with a few of the artists, and enjoy my favorite music live! Lydia and the kids made a short visit before heading home. The kids were asleep when I got back.

Lydia and Mysia left early in Saturday morning. Lydia went into work and Mysia got to have a spa day with her friend Ana. They got hair and nails done before having lunch. Malachi and I spent the morning cleaning out and vacuuming the van. Malachi played the Wii and ate lunch before Mysia arrived back home. Their artistes where a bit on edge, so they took naps. They played until Lydia got off work. The kids were picked up by Aunt Lycia and Uncle Jordan for the evening. They got to hike the nature center trails and spend time with them. Lydia and I attended the Gaither Homecoming Concert with friends. It was fantastic! It went a little late, so when we picked up the kids, they were asleep before we got home. What a day!


~Matt

No comments: