Monday, June 16, 2014

Week Rundown! (06/08/14 - 06/14/14)


Sunday was fairly normal. Mysia got to bring her friend Ana to morning services at church. We rested during the afternoon before evening services.

Mysia had piano lessons Monday when I picked them up after work. While Malachi and I waited in the car, it rained… again! Thankfully, the weather was cool, and we opened the windows that evening. Lydia attended her zumba class, Mysia played on the computer, Malachi worked on cleaning his room, and I worked on some computer projects.

Tuesday was nice too. The kids got to go swimming, and exclaimed that although the water was a bit cold, it was fun! We got several good downpours of rain and It was too wet to do anything outside, so we spent the evening inside. After the daily chores were done, we ate supper and watched a few episodes of the "Flintstones".

The Mysia and Malachi got to attend Granddad's company picnic on Wednesday evening. They ate Pineapple Whip and several plates Funnel Cake. Both enjoyed the rides. They came home soaked and tired!

We watched a movie after supper on Thursday and enjoyed the evening. As the kids got ready for bed, I left and helped my dad and Sam with an installation job at one of the clinics in town. Before bad, I packed a few things in preparation for camping this weekend.

On Friday, I got up early to take part in KWFC's golf tournament. Lydia dropped the kids off before heading into work. Once I got finished with work, I picked up Malachi and packed the car with the camping and fishing gear. WE then picked up a few things and headed out to the campsite. When Lydia got off work, she picked up Mysia and they had dinner before spending the evening grocery shopping. Malachi and I enjoyed our time with the other men and boys. We snacked and visited around the campfire. Malachi played with the boys and they made sure the fire was stacked with sticks and twigs until bedtime.

The weather was cool and both Malachi and I were able to get a good night's sleep before waking up around 5:30 in the morning. We warmed up next to the campfire until breakfast was served. Afterwards we went fishing. Back at home, Lydia and Mysia woke up and watched some morning tv shows before heading out to get Mysia's haircut in the afternoon. They then did some more shopping together. Malachi and I didn't catch fish, but had fun on a hike before lunch. We attended the fish fry, visited a bit more, packed up everything, and headed home. We were able to unpack the car before Mysia and Lydia showed up. Lydia made salad and we attended Lydia's work picnic for the evening. I got to meet her boss and some of her coworkers. The kids enjoyed playing in the bouncy house and slide. Once back home, Lydia and the kids went ahead and gave me my Father's Day gift… a car wash/cleaning kit. So, I washed the car before we went to bed!


~Matt

No comments: