Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week Rundown! (06/15/14 - 06/21/14)


We woke up early on Sunday and ate breakfast before heading to church to do the van route. It rained for most of the morning. For the afternoon, Lydia made me a special dinner of Bacon-mushroom chicken casserole! It was delicious. We watched a movie and took naps before the evening service. Afterwards, we went to my parents' house to visit and eat watermelon.

After work on Monday, I picked up the kids and took Mysia to piano lessons. It was hot and humid… and sitting in the black bug for 30 minutes was not fun. Once home, I started supper. Lydia didn't feel well with an uneasy stomach, so she spent several hours sleeping. After eating my delicious creation of "Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Casserole", the kids took showers and got to watch some tv before bed.

Since the weather had been nice and hot to dry up all rain, I was able to pull out the mower on Tuesday once I got home. While Lydia worked on supper and the kids played, I sharpened the blade and mowed the lawn. My grass was longer than normal due to all the rain we received, so it wasn't a quick chore. After supper, we watched some tv and took showers. Once the kids were in bed, Lydia and I watched a movie while she folded laundry and I worked on a few projects on the computer.

After picking up the kids on Wednesday, we came home and ate a quick supper. We then headed out to church. I helped run the media for services. Once home, the kids were tired, so we all went to bed at a decent time!

We had dentist appointments Thursday afternoon. The good news is that no one had cavities! I left work a little early to get to the house. Our good friend Gary came over and placed tile above hour shower/bathtub. It looks great! Lydia attended her zumba class after work. Mysia helped me make supper. We watched some tv shows until they took their showers before bedtime.

On Friday, we came home and ate leftovers while watching Star Wars III. We then met my parents and siblings at Braums Ice Cream for a summer evening treat. We visited and ate ice cream, of course. Back at home, we finished the movie and then went to bed.

We woke up on good time Saturday morning. We ate breakfast, got dressed in our taekwondo uniforms, packed up our clothes, and left for class. However, upon arriving, Lydia had chest pains, high heart rate, and dizziness. So, we ran in, changed into our regular clothes and headed to the ER. They took Lydia in for a EKG while the kids and I stayed in the waiting room. Granny came and picked up Mysia and Malachi, and they spent the day together going places and shopping. Lydia was given a room and we both waited to find out the results. Finally, they came back say all is fine and they couldn't find the answer to her symptoms. Lydia was released and we went home to get things done around the house.  I set up the kids' swimming pool and it was filled by the time they returned home. They played for several hours before time to get showers and ready for bed.

~Matt

No comments: