Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week Rundown! (05/01/11 - 05/01/11)



Sunday:

Today was nice, weather-wise. My van route for church was low. Church was great. During the afternoon, the kids took naps. I wanted one, but didn't get to do it. The day wasn't too busy, but enough to make me tired at the end. The constant change of weather is what I blame it on!


Monday:

Wow.. another start of the work-week. For those wondering, I'm enjoying my new job at KWFC radio. They're keeping me busy, learning new things and putting my knowledge of design to the test... but I don't regret the move! It's also one of the best work environments too. (I'll have to make an individual blog post on my job sometime)

The evening went by pretty well, we ate roast, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. We had a bit of trouble with Malachi eating the potatoes though. He has a stubborn streak that shows through when asked to eat food he doesn't want. Mysia worked on homework before we had them take their showers.

After getting them to bed, Lydia started on her homework and I did a grocery run. The weekend had been too busy, so I had waited until we were out of food!


Tuesday:

We ate a quick supper and rushed off to Evergreen Church. Abigail's homeschool group was putting on a drama, something they do every year. The production was pretty good, and Abigail did well. The kids did well in sitting and watching it. By the time it was over, Malachi had fallen asleep in my arms and Mysia was tired. When we got home, we all went straight to bed.


Wednesday:

Malachi did a little trick at daycare. He was asked to eat peas and threw a fit about it. Finally his teacher made him eat only one. He put it in his mouth, gagged, and vomited! The teacher was very apologetic to Lydia when she picked up Malachi. Lydia was upset, but not at the teacher. Malachi has done this trick to us several times. It's a way he can get out of eating food he doesn't care for, and he does it on purpose. Boy, did he get in trouble when he got home.

Church services were cancelled for tonight in place of the visitation of Percy Phillip. So after coming home, we ate supper and headed over to church. The kids played outside with the others while we visited with those in the auditorium. They had a wonderful slideshow running that displayed pictures of Percy through the years. A great tribute.

When we arrived home, we got the kids ready for bed, Lydia worked on homework, and I worked on a few projects.


Thursday:

I had the privilege to ride to church with my boss to attend the funeral service of Percy Philips. It was done very well, and I was glad I was able to go. Back at work, Sam stopped by and we had a late lunch while visiting for a bit.

Mysia lost another tooth at school today. She was picked up by Abigail took her home with her.
Lydia picked up Malachi after school and I met them at home. With Mysia not there, he was after attention from us. We ate, played, and watched some Andy Griffith. My mom and Abigail dropped Mysia off later, and they visited for a while. They also brought over their new little puppy.


Friday:

This evening was a bit hectic. After getting home, we ate supper real quick and all headed out. Lydia had a meeting with her Honor's society, and I took the kids to church. Mysia was taking playing a part in the drama for the ladies' brunch tomorrow morning, and they needed to practice. So while she went over her parts, Malachi watched a movie on my iPod while I half dozed on one of the pews!

Back at home, we watched some cartoons until Lydia arrived. Then we got them ready for bed.


Saturday:

We woke up early and got ready as quickly as we could. Lydia and Mysia left for the Ladies' Brunch at church, while Malachi and I left for Wal-mart for an oil change. The car had been noisy, and I was told that an oil change might fix the problem. Well, I was told that the wait would be over and hour, so I told them to call me since I'd probably have a hard time hearing a page over the speakers.
Malachi and I browsed the toy department, the electronics department, and then watched some movie on the tvs. Sam met us there and we grabbed a few things before heading over to see what the progress was on my car. They guy said they had 'paged' earlier and denied the oil change because my car was making a strange noise. Uh... duh! By the way, I wasn't happy that they didn't call as I requested.

Anyway, with Sam's help, the oil was changed at my house, along with the belt. Unfortunately, the car engine is still knocking! Afterwards, Sam and I pulled out our laptops and worked on a few things and ideas.

Lydia and Mysia had a good time at the church, and also stayed to help clean up. They also went to the hospital to visit Lydia's grandma. When they came home, we headed to Sam's Club to grab some grocery's and Mother's Day gift for Lydia. Yes, I let her pick out what she wanted. She also got a vase of flowers!


~Matt

No comments: