Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week Rundown! (05/15/11 - 05/21/11)




Sunday:

We had picked up the church van last night since I didn't have a car to get me to church this morning. However, after going to bed, Malachi woke up and started vomiting! The entire night was spent with him and the throw-up bucket. I spent a great portion of it on floor beside his bed. Not the most comfortable, but better than him getting it on my bed!!!

I ended up taking Mysia with me to church and then on my van route. Lydia stayed home with Malachi. The good part was that Lydia was able to use this chance to catch up on some rest as well. Malachi was still feeling pretty bad during the afternoon, so Mysia and I went to evening services without him and Lydia. We were able to catch a ride home from friends since I didn't have my car. (I'm missing it)

Malachi was still feeling sick throughout the evening, so I figured it was going to be another sleep deprived night... and I was right.


Monday:

Since Malachi was still sick, Lydia stayed home with him. I took the van since my car is out, and dropped Mysia off at school before heading into work. Lydia had a final that afternoon, so I took a long lunch at home while watching Malachi.

After work, I went and looked at another car. I was able to borrow it for an hour to take over to my friend Ben so he could look at it. It too was not worth the price, or the trouble. So I returned it.


Tuesday:

Again, Malachi was still sick. Lydia stayed with him for the day. They dropped me off at work, and Mysia at school.

Lydia and the kids picked me up from work and we dropped Lydia off at college so she could take another final. The kids and I ate supper in front of the tv.

I decided to surprise Lydia, and worked on cleaning the fish tank. Well, that didn't go too well. After carefully removing the fish, the water, and the rocks... the glass broke! Oh.... I was not happy!

Lydia called and was ready for us to pick her back up. After picking her up we headed to the store. We went ahead and bought a new tank and when we got home, set it up. By the time we were finished, it was bed time, so we got the kids showered and ready for bed.


Wednesday:


Malachi got to spend the day with Granny. He was good, but still sick. After work, my mom agreed to watch Mysia as well as Lydia and I went to look at another car. It looks like we'll get it if the loan goes through tomorrow morning.

After picking up the kids, we headed home for the evening. Having one vehicle, and a kid sick is making our week interesting. I then had some stomach pains, but it eventually passed. I was afraid I was coming down with something too!


Thursday:


Malachi was feeling better, but still not the best. He did not go to daycare. Lydia took me to work and Mysia to school. She had one last final to take this afternoon, so Granny watched Malachi for a few hours. We were approved a loan for the car we had looked at yesterday, so after work Lydia picked me up and we headed out to fill out the papers!

After purchasing the car, I took the kids home while Lydia headed to OTC for the graduation of several of her classmates. I got the kids to bed by the time she arrived back at home. Lydia wasn't feeling too well, so she went to bed. I decided to as well!


Friday:

Today was a vacation day for me, and since there was no more school for Lydia, we had planned a lazy day together. Unfortunately, she woke up sick and not feeling well. I took the kids to school and daycare, then came back home. We did get rest... and I worked on a few projects throughout the day.

Lydia was feeling better by late afternoon, so we drove the car to go get the tags switched over. We then picked up Malachi and headed over to Mysia's school. We made it in time for their 'Friday Sing'. As a surprise for all of us, Mysia was awarded with a prize for being caught good in class this week. She was so proud.

After heading home and eating supper, we headed out to MSU for a bowling party that was held by Lydia's Honors Program in celebration of those graduating. There was punch and cake, and bowling of course. Malachi and Mysia bowled a very good game, and beating  most of the adults there,  of course they had the benefit of the bumpers.


Saturday:


Mysia woke up around 2:30 vomiting... So any big plans for today were changed and cancelled.

This afternoon I took Malachi to a birthday party for one of his friends. There were games involving balloons and of course, the pinata. Malachi spent most of the time riding on one of the toy tractors.

When we got back home, we found that Mysia was feeling better. That was a relief. I was afraid that she'd have it as bad as Malachi. Lydia went to coupon meeting with friends. I stayed home and the kids and I watched some videos. I was able to get them put to bed before Lydia got home.


~Matt

No comments: