Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week Rundown! (05/08/11 - 05/14/11)


Sunday:

As I left for church to for the vans, I wished Lydia a happy Mother's Day. She was so sound asleep that I don't even think she realized I was leaving!

Church services were good, and I set next to my mom. I then did the vans and we headed over to my parents' house. We had pizza and visited. We all took naps before heading back to church for evening services.

Afterwards, I showed my car to several of the guys and I was told that my car was a time bomb. One of the rods was bent, and would be more expensive to fix and I should look for another car soon. Great....

We went to Paulette's house so we could spend part of Mother's Day with her as well. We ate and visited. The kids watched some tv and colored.


Monday:

Today it was back to the normal schedule of course. After the daily stuff, we came home ate a quick supper.

I had quartet practice. Since we're scheduled to sing a special for Sunday evening service, we picked up a new song we all know. It's a bit more 'peppy' than any of the songs we've done before, so it will be interesting. The message in the song is fantastic, so I know it will go over well.

Lydia got the kids in bed before I arrived back at home. She worked on homework while I watched some "Mythbusters". Yes... I'm addicted to that show! I found I can do other things while watching it (sleeping included).


Tuesday:

Today was 'salad party' for supper. It went well, and the kids really enjoyed eating their creation. Afterwards was showers and homework. We did watch a some tv together before putting them down for bed. Lydia worked on a paper and I crashed on the couch after working on a few things!


Wednesday:

As I have mentioned before, my car hasn't been doing very well. On the way home, the car died on me! While going through an intersection, there was a boom and smoke. I glided to a stop on the side of the road. I called Lydia, and she picked me up, leaving the car there until after church.

Tonight was the  last night of Master Clubs (children's church) for the summer. The awards went well. We'll miss working with the kids, but I'll be nice to have a break for the next few months.

Lydia and the kids went home, and Sam drove me to my car. We hooked up my car and he towed my car home. It's sad to see my car in my driveway, knowing it's not going anywhere without truck moving it!


Thursday:

Lydia took me into work after we dropped Malachi off at daycare. She then dropped Mysia off at school and headed to the college. When classes were done, she went and got Mysia and then picked me up as well. We headed over to an auto dealer to look at a few cars.

There was one I really wanted. However, it was higher than what we could afford. They let me take home another car for the evening. Needless to say, it was not for us.

Lydia had a meeting at the college, and the kids and I spent the evening together.


Friday:

I had the car from the dealership, and not happy with how it was running and handling. So after work, we took it back. Abigail had picked up Mysia from school, so we went by and picked both of them up and then got Malachi from daycare. We stopped by home to grab a bite to eat before heading to Mysia's school.

The event was the year-end block party. They had food and games, each for 50¢. They had some inflatable jumping things for them to play on. We spent a few hours there until I ran out of money. The kids had a blast.

Back at home, we watched some Andy Griffith before putting them to bed. We then stayed up and watched "Amazing Grace" for the first time. It was a very good movie.


Saturday:


Abigail had spent the night so Lydia and I could get up and go to a the 'Get Prepared Expo' downtown. I had received tickets through the radio station, and we were interested to see what they had to offer. We walked around, viewed the booths, and even listened in to a few of the seminars. Nothing really struck our interest, but it was an neat event to attend.

We ate lunch at home and took naps. For the evening, we attended our Sunday school class activity at our teachers' house. It was dinner and visiting. We really enjoyed our time there. The kids did too. It was great getting to talk with our friends from class.

Back at home, we gave the kids showers and all went to bed. What a week!


~Matt

2 comments:

Katja Müller said...

Didn't you mention on facebook that Malachi was sick?

The Paasch Family said...

yup... but since it didn't start until after we went to bed, I'll include it into next week's rundown as part of Sunday.