Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week Rundown! (09/09/12 - 09/15/12)



Sunday:

This morning I ran the church van. We were actually full for the first time in several months! It was exciting! The weather was nice, so this afternoon, we were able to have the windows open and naps felt so good...

After evening service, we attended the appreciation dinner for teachers and helpers.


Monday:

After work, I met Lydia and the kids at Mysia's school for open house. Lydia had volunteered to watch the PTA table, encouraging other parents to join. After hanging around the table for a bit, we then went and visited Mysia's classroom. She showed us her seat and the things she does during the day. I then took the kids out to play on the the playground while the Lydia went back to helping with the PTA table.

Back at home, we had them take their showers and get ready for bed. Lydia worked on homework while I caught up on some of the blogs I follow.


Tuesday:


I picked the kids up from daycare and Boy's and Girl's club. Lydia stayed at the college for a class/meeting. The kids and I ate supper and then they spent the evening picking up their rooms!


Wednesday:

Today was long for me. I got the chance to paint my office at work... it needed it!

We ate a quick supper and headed off to church. It was the second week of Master Clubs (children's services) and was promising to be busy. And it was! The planned schedule changed once we got there, but things turned out okay. Whew....!


Thursday:

After getting home from work, we spent the evening with things around the house and watching a few episodes of Dick Van Dyke Show before sending the kids to bed. Lydia stayed up and worked on homework.


Friday:

I had the day off so I could spend the day with Malachi. He had a wellness check with the doctor, which turned out well. We spent the afternoon at home for a bit, eating ramen noodles for lunch and playing with toys. We then headed over and picked up Granny from her work and went to Mysia's school. It was Grandparent's day, and I had volunteered to take pictures.

We spent several hours taking pictures and greeting the grandparents. We then stayed for "friday sing". After school let out, Granny (my mom) treated us to dipped cones at McDonalds! Yum!

We ate bean dip, watched some Netflix, and then went to bed!


Saturday:

Today, Malachi turned 5! Wow... how time flies!

We slept in, and the kids watched tv for most of the morning. Once we got moving around, we picked up the house, ate lunch, and the kids got naps. I did some grocery shopping and then we got things ready for Malachi's party.

Once the family showed up, I got the hamburgers going on the grill. Malachi got gifts and enjoyed his party!



~Matt

No comments: