Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week Rundown! (05/28/13 - 06/01/13)


I woke up on Sunday and ran the church van for morning services. Afterwards, we spent the afternoon at my parents house. We ate supper, the kids played, and we viewed my grandpa's grave. We sang a few songs before heading back to visit some more. We enjoyed a message from a missionary during evening services, and then spent the rest of the evening at home.

Since Monday was Memorial Day, we stayed home. There were several things around that we aimed at getting accomplished for the day. The kids got to play in the sprinkler outside before taking showers and getting to bed.

Tuesday was back to work. That evening was pretty relaxed, nothing too exciting.

On Wednesday, Lydia found a box turtle outside her work so she thought it'd be fun to bring home. It escaped in the van during her drive home. The kids were thrilled with the thought that we may have a new pet. We fed it some grapes and a carrot. After church services, we returned home and let it loose in our backyard.

Thursday evening brought severe thunderstorms that flossed our back yard, so I didn't get the chance to mow. Abigail came over after we got home from work and hung out for the evening. We watched some tv shows and played Mario Kart. Lydia worked on her homework.

Friday was another day of thunderstorms, and our backyard was flooded! Lydia worked on menu and budget‚ I had the kids help with some of the weekend house chores. I also got a few projects done I had been trying to work on. We also watched "Extreme Couponing" on Netflix‚ Mysia was intrigued.

On Saturday morning the kids got up and played while Lydia and I slept in for a bit. Once up, we got breakfast going and got ready for the day. We attended taekwondo class and then came home. Lydia ran out to get the grocery shopping done while I got the kids lunch and down for a nap. I then worked on a few things around the house that needed fixed. The kids helped with putting up the groceries and then I put them on a fun project. I encouraged them to make "coupon" of their favorite items and then play "store". That kept them busy for the rest of the afternoon. We had our friends, Noah and Courtney, over for supper and visit. I grilled hamburgers and we enjoyed the long visit. The kids played and watched a few videos before taking baths and going to bed.

~Matt

No comments: