Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week Rundown! (10/26/14 - 11/01/14)


We got up Sunday morning and put on our western wear. Breakfast was fast and we attended church services. We spent several hours at home that afternoon, and then went to Fall Festival at Fellowship. The kids enjoyed riding the cow-train with friends. They also spent most of the time with the carnival games and painted pumpkins. They gathered several bags of candy and we were entertained with music while we ate. We also went on the hayride twice! Afterwards, we picked up Buttercup and visited my folks for the evening.

I picked up the kids Monday evening after work. Both kids had ate supper before I got there. They took showers and played while I made my popular pizza casserole and Lydia conquered the finances. Mysia played a game on the computer and Malachi enjoyed playing on the Nook before bedtime. Lydia and I got to enjoy some TV once they were asleep.

After work on Tuesday, I picked up the kids and we met Lydia at their school for Parent/Teacher meetings. Both kids are doing well in their classes, and we got to see their report cards.

Wednesday Abigail picked kids from club and had supper with her and Granny before heading to Hillside for their trunk or treat. After work, Lydia and I ate breakfast and attended services at Fellowship. We came home and I took Buttercup for a late evening walk. The kids came home with more candy.

On Thursday evening, Lydia had Ladies Network Meeting and supper. The kids and I dressed up for small group. We had chili and enjoyed spending time with friends.

I was off work on Friday and the kids didn't have school. Lydia had breakfast and headed into her job. I gave Buttercup a bath while the kids played. We then headed out and I stopped by work to complete a few projects that needed my attention. We then visited to thrift store to see if I could find anything to help with their costumes they were wanting to dress up in on Saturday. We didn't find anything, but Mysia found a neat pillow and Malachi got a car ramp. Wal-Mart was our next visit, and we were able to get some face paint and a few items needed. Back at home, the kids packed up their overnight bags and we left to pick up a pizza and head to MeMaw's. The kids spent the evening with her. Lydia I went to see Casting Crowns and their Thrive Tour. The event was her birthday present. The concert was good and we enjoyed the evening.

Lydia and I woke up Saturday morning and had breakfast together, she then left to pick up the kids. They were watching "the Lego Movie" and finished it before coming home. I took the van over to my friend Ben, and he put installed a new air control pannel I had purchased online.Thankfully, we can have hot air! Unfortunately, the van wouldn't start afterwards. The battery had gone bad and it just happened to die that day. I was able to run over and purchase a new one. I came home and we left to have lunch with some of my side of the family at Cheddar's. The cousin enjoyed spending some time together while we visited. We went to the store and came back home to get things ready for the party that evening. Lydia made a quick grocery run. We met at my parent's house before 5 for a few family photos and visited before we dressed up in our costumes. Lydia and I were in our western wear, Mysia dressed up in a wedding gown as a bride, and Malachi was Emmet from the Lego Movie. The other guests arrived and we sang Happy Birthday to Abigail before eating and playing games. We had a fun time with family, and were tired when we got home.

~Matt

No comments: