Monday, August 9, 2010

Week Rundown! (08/01/10 - 08/07/10)


Sunday:

A typical busy day! Nothing new or different to report on, besides the fact that it was hot!


Monday:


It was back to work for me!! Lydia didn't have to be at her work until the afternoon. After she got off, she picked the kids up, then me, and then we headed home. Lycia came over to watch the kids while Lydia and I had the evening together. The kids ate pizza for supper and were excited to spend time with Jordin!

Lydia and I enjoyed cashew chicken for supper, while she had a meeting with a couple of ladies in her Honor's society. The food was great... I'm a huge fan of cashew chicken! The meeting lasted about an hour or more, and they got to discuss plans on things coming up. I just sat there, listening, eating, and playing with facebook on my phone! lol!

We then headed to the Ozark Empire Fair! I had acquired tickets to the southern gospel concert that was being held tonight. The weather was hot, but we had good seats. It was a good thing they passed out fans, we put them to use. Ernie Haase and Signature Sound were the group performing. I have most of their music, and knew most (if not all) of the songs they sang during their program.

During the last part of the concert, a lady slipped and fell... knocking her head on the metal floor. I was one of the first to rush to her aid. She got a good gash on the back of her head, and there was a pool of blood on the metal floor of the stands.. Lydia, me, and several others kept her awake and talking as security came. They then summoned for a paramedic, and finally an ambulance. I missed the closing songs of the concert, but our attention was devoted to the lady. She was alright, but they took her in a ambulance to be certain. It was quite an experience!

After the concert had ended, we walked the midway and grabbed some Pineapple Whip before heading home! Yum, yum!


Tuesday:

It was a pretty normal day. The heat was a killer! The lawn needed mowed though. It had been a week and a half since I last went at it, and boy, it needed it. I heard that we might get rain, and I knew if it got much longer, it'd take me forever to mow it! I definitely did not want to spend more time out in the hot sun then necessary!

The grass was long enough! It took me longer than usual, and I was soaked.. with sweat! Yuck! It was like I dunked myself in a pool! But it sure didn't feel like it. I really wanted to do just that though. It would have felt nice!

I was able to come in, change, cool down and eat supper before heading out. Tonight, was quartet practice. It turned out good, and we got several songs down. Before heading home, I got some more cucumbers from my grandma!


Wednesday:

Lydia had the day off. She did some errands around town, and even took car to shop. They're now saying that we need breaks! By the way, the car is still shuttering when we turn on the air-conditioning! They still can't figure it out! We're gonna have to take it somewhere else!

Lydia took Mysia to Daisies and then picked Malachi and I up.. when we returned home, both kids claimed they feeling to good. We believe it was probably due to the hot weather. Lydia wasn't feeling the best either, so we stayed home from church and enjoyed the air conditioning. We watched home-videos before putting the kids to bed. Lydia and I didn't stay up long either.


Thursday:

After work, we went to a car dealership and looked at a vehicle. We're not really wanting to buy one just yet, but this one sparked Lydia's interest! It was nice, but not what we're looking for!

Oh, we found out that it's not much fun or a very good idea to drag a 2 and 5 year-old to a car dealership!


Friday:

The weather finally cooled down a bit! It didn't go over 98 degrees!!! It turned out to be a good day to take the kids to the fair! Lydia and I don't trust the rides, so we walked the fair. The kids got to see cows, bunnies, pigs, horses, chickens, mules, donkeys, goats, and more! They even got to milk a fake cow! We also looked at the crafts and go through the vendor booths. We didn't stay too long, both kids were getting tired. So we left the gates at 9, after watching a brass band/troop play some songs.

The kids crashed when we got home.

Saturday:

No sleeping in today! I got up and got the kids ready and left the house at 8! We had picked up some tickets for a free showing of VeggieTales: Sweet-Pea Beauty. It was just me and the two kids. Thankfully, there wasn't much of a line when we got there, and we was able to grab some great seats. Malachi was a little disappointed, as he commented, "it's a princess movie..." However, Mysia liked it!

While we were gone, Lydia got the house ready. She had a bunch of ladies over at 10 for a Spa Party. They did facials, and stuff. You know, all that "girls" stuff... She had a good time, and it lasted for several hours.

In the meantime, our movie was finished by 10, right when Lydia's party was starting! So I called my mom and invited ourselves over to their house! The idea was to take advantage of their pool.However, it was a while before we got in. We visited for a bit first!

The water was cool, and felt so good! We was able to jump in around 11:30. The kids and I played and played. They showed me all the tricks they can do in the water. Mysia can now swim from one side of the pool to the other, underwater, and holding her breath! Malachi, with his water-wings, can swim like a tadpole!

Even though she was hesitant at first, I was able to convince Mysia to allow me to throw her up in the air and into the pool. I eventually taught her how to cannonball. Unfortunately, she still doesn't quite get the concept of holding her legs tightly, and has sprawled out on several occasions with a SMACK that makes your body cringe when you hear it. But go figure... she's fine when she comes up for air, asking to do it again!?!!

Since my mom dropped Abigail off at to work at the fair, she ended up driving by and picking Lydia up and brought her. So we got to swim together fora good while. In fact, we didn't head home until around 7ish!

My parent's came over as well, and we cooked pizza and put the kids to bed. We then popped in "The Diary of A Wimpy Kid". I wasn't too sure on how good the movie was going to be, but was pleasantly surprised! A funny comedy! Now I'll have to find the time and read the book!

 

~Matt

No comments: