Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week Rundown! (08/15/10 - 08/21/10)



Sunday:

Church was great... like always. However, on the way home with the church van, one of the tires lost it's tread! Talk about an experience. I wasn't too far from the church, so I was able to turn around and slowly make my way back.


Monday:


The weather was hot! When I got home, I hurried and mowed the lawn. I was sweating so much, I decided to put off the weed-eating until later in the week!

We ate dinner, and then I headed out for quartet practice. Lydia got the kids ready for bed.


Tuesday:

A fairly normal day. In the evening, we ate supper around the tv! Then it was a bit of play-time before showers and bed. :P


Wednesday:

Lydia's birthday and day off. After dropping the kids and me off, she ran errands. She came and had lunch with me, which was nice. Afterwards, checked out one of the mini-vans we looked at last Thursday. It has sparked our interest. Lydia got to test drive it, and the salesman allowed her to have it for the evening! So we got to take the nice mini-van to church!

Thursday:

Well, after a night of prayer and a look at the finances to see if things would work out, Lydia took the van back to the dealership and talked to the guy. She also talked to the bank. After doing some running around, she picked me up at lunch-time and we signed the bank papers for a loan, and then went and signed for the van!

Yes.. we now have a new vehicle! 2005 Dodge Caravan.

Friday:

We got up, got ready, and took the van back to the dealership to get a ding in the windshield fixed. We then headed to Mysia's school! It was "meet the teacher". So we got to check out where her class was, meet the teacher, and find out what was going happen when Mysia starts kindergarten next week. It was exciting!

We left the school, dropped the kids off at daycare, and then headed into work.

After work and picking up the kids, we picked up the van. Lydia then took Mysia to Walmart while Malachi and I went home to grill steak! At Walmart, Mysia got her ears pierced! She was excited, but it did hurt. She's proud of them though!

Back at home, we ate supper, and then Lydia did some pickup around the house while I went out and took care of those weeds! I was drenched with sweat when finished, so I grabbed Malachi and we got our showers over with!

Lycia came over so that she could do the girls nails. BJ, Ana, and Elijah also came over! Of course, BJ and Elijah didn't come over for the manicures... we let the boys play in the bedroom while we talked. Abigail soon showed up, and Mysia was excited.

We had a good visit, and the girls got their all "prettied" up. lol!

After they left, we got ready for bed. Malachi was wore out.


Saturday:

And so started the super busy day!

We woke up at a good time, and I started breakfast while Lydia got ready. I made blueberry pancakes! They were good!

We left for the park. We were to meet my family at Jordan Valley Park for photos. Things went pretty well, and we got some good shots. Unfortunately, Malachi was once again a pain, and didn't want to participate. And he had woke up in a great mood too! Several of the shots were taken in the shade, and then we moved to the water and let the play in it for a while.

When the photos were finished, we picked up our friend Mary and stopped by the store to grab some needed things. Then it was home and preparation for the BBQ in celebration of Lydia's birthday!

I had invited friends and family over for hamburgers and hotdogs at noon. It was a bit hot, but that wasn't the problem. Flies were horrible. I guess since we haven't had rain, they were ready to attack in large numbers! To add to that problem, I ran out of propane halfway through the grilling of the hamburgers... so I had to retreat to the air-conditioning to finish! lol. The food turned out good, and every visited outside for a bit before we all made our way inside for ice cream and cake.

Everyone left by three, which gave us time to clean up before heading out to Republic at 6 for our Master Club's fellowship. It was for all the teachers and helpers of the Wednesday night children's ministry. We had a good time eating and visiting. We played a few games, and talked about what's planned for the year for the "club".

Oh yeah... the drive gave the kids opportunity to enjoy the DVD player in the van!

~Matt

No comments: