Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week Rundown! (08/8/10 - 08/14/10)



Sunday:

It was a special day at church. Anniversary Sunday! We had the Dartts as our special guests! The morning service was great. They sang a few songs, and pastor brought a great message. We then had a wonderful fellowship dinner/lunch. There was plenty of food! At 2pm, we had an afternoon service that featured the Dartts! They really did an outstanding job ministering to us with their music.

After church, we headed home and took naps. Since there was no evening service, we weren't in too much of hurry to get out to Walmart for our planned grocery shopping. But, we eventually did.

Malachi and I did the grocery run, while Lydia took Mysia to grab school clothes and supplies. Malachi and I got done before the girls did, so we played with my phone outside the changing rooms while Mysia tried on the different outfits they had chosen. 


Monday:


I mowed the lawn, which needed it. We didn't do anything real special this evening. We just hung around the house, watched some TV, and played with the kids.


Tuesday:

Today was nice, but busy. After getting home, Lydia immediately left for her sister's apartment. They had girls night/evening together with Jordin. They ate pizza, talked, and watched a movie!

I stayed home with the kids. We ate, watched Emperor's New Groove, and played before I put them to bed. I didn't stay up either, and was asleep when Lydia got back home. 


Wednesday:

A special day for Mysia! She got to spend it with Lydia. They went out on the town! First stop... a haircut! Yup, Mysia got her hair cut off at the shoulders.

They then had lunch with Aunt Lycia and Jordin, and then went shopping. They both had a good time.

We had church that evening, and I stayed later to practice with the quartet. Lydia and the kids went over to my parents' house to enjoy the pool. I joined them after practice for a late night swim.


Thursday:

Today was my day off work. I had two vacation days left to take, and so I took them!

We slept in a bit, then took the kids to daycare before heading out to the gym. We decided to do a good work-out since we weren't pressed for time.

Afterwards, we visited several car-lots to see what vehicles were available, and to get an idea of how much they were running in price. We have some ideas, but not in a rush to get anything yet. However, the thought of getting a second vehicle is there!

We picked up a few things at Walmart, then grabbed a movie from RedBox, and headed home for lunch. After the movie and stuffing our face with some crackers and dip, we headed out to one of the pools near us. We had never been to this one, and wanted to try it out. It was more kid friendly then we expected, and wished we had brought the kids, but we had already paid.

We swam and relaxed in the coolness of of the water. It was hot outside, so it felt sooooooo good!

In the evening, Lydia went to give plasma and my dad came over to install some vertical blinds we had bought.


Friday:

It was another day off of work for me! We got up, took the kids to daycare, went to the gym, and then I dropped Lydia off at work.

I didn't know exactly what to do for the day to myself, but I did have a few things that needed done. One was getting the car looked at again. So I took it to the shop, howbeit, a different one. They looked at it and told me that one of the problems could be that something on the engine is off balance, and it would take forever to correctly find the culprit. However, they said to go buy some fuel-injector and put it in, and see if that may help.

$12 later... driving down the road... nothing happened! It seems that it worked!

Back at home, sat at my laptop and worked on some design projects for most of the early afternoon. After lunch, I did a few things around the house before heading to pick up the kids from daycare. We then picked up Lydia from work and headed over to my parents' house.

Once again, we took advantage of them having a pool! Lydia attended Jordin's Bridal Shower and that left me and the kids with the whole evening bugging "Granny" & "Grand-dad"! We swam for a good long time, and got plenty of sun! M&M were wore out, and watching a movie when Lydia came back to take us home.


Saturday:

For the most part, it was staying at home! Lydia and I focused on organizing our bedroom while the kids played and watched TV. Both seemed happy to be at home, and Lydia was happy to finally attend to the bedroom. Me.... well, I wanted to stay in bed! lol!

At 6, we met Lydia's siblings and mom for a game of put-put! Although it was a bit hot, we made it through, and had fun. We then headed home and had cake and ice cream!


~Matt

No comments: