Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week Rundown! (07/25/10 - 07/31/10)


Sunday:

Hmmm.... 5 more months! LOL!

I woke up and got ready early, but I didn't have the church van. The van had a blow-out on Friday when coming back from teen camp. Doug picked me up early for Men's Prayer Breakfast at 7:30. Afterwards, I drove one of the other vans for my van route.

Lydia picked up Mary, since Doug had picked me up. Sunday School and Morning Services were great. That afternoon, I ate and took a nap while the kids did. Lydia stayed up studying. She has tests and finals this week, it being the last week for her summer semester of college. After our naps, we watched the Jungle Book before heading back to church. For me and the kids, it was a nice restful afternoon.

The evening services were special. It was Teen Camp night, and the teens performed their talents, as well as gave a quick testimony on what had happened while there. I got it on video.

We returned home, put the kids to bed, and I actually fell asleep while Lydia studied!


Monday:


Besides the normal, back to work, daycare and school.... The day went by fast. Lydia had several tests.

In the evening, we ate supper, watched tv, let the kids play. Oh, and Lydia worked on homework!


Tuesday:

We had a great supper, and I got Malachi ready for bed before heading out to quartet practice. It had been several weeks since we had practiced, so it was good to get back into it!

After quartet practice, I got some more cucumbers from my grandma and I got to visit with her for several minutes before heading home. Poor Lydia was still studying away when I walked in the door. Again, she stayed up late.


Wednesday:

Lydia took Mysia to Daisy Scouts today... one of the highlights of the week for Mysia. Afterwards, they picked me and Malachi up. We rushed home and ate real quick. Lydia stayed home as the kids and I went to church. I was asked to run the media, and it was also business meeting night, so it made for an interesting service. When we got back home, we got the kids to bed. We didn't get to bed until late, Lydia worked on homework after I already dozed off on the couch!


Thursday:

Lydia's last day of summer classes for college! She had two finals, and was stressed out! But she pulled through. She was wore out during the evening, and we ended up getting the kids to bed at a good decent time.

Before heading off to bed, we watched a movie I had gotten from the library, "the Burbs". Lydia had never seen it, and I had seen it several times on cable when a teenager. Lydia was happy that there was no more homework!


Friday:

Lydia had a full day at work, so she got off at 5, picked up the kids, then picked up me. I had already started walking home and was halfway there when she picked me up.

We had Doug & Mary over for supper, and I grilled some hamburgers. It was hot outside, so we ate and played games inside. After supper, we let M&M have some fun with the finger-paints. Oh! What a mess! But they were well-behaved, and did a good job on their artwork.

We put in a movie, but were were all too tired to finish it, since it was getting late. Doug & Mary said their goodbyes, and after they left, Lydia and I went to bed.


Saturday:

Our bodies wanted to sleep in, but we fought the idea and we woke up earlier than usual for a Saturday. We hurried around, got ready, and left for Silver Dollar City! Surprisingly, we arrived right at opening time, 9:30! It's hard to make it places on time!

We were able to make it to all the kid-rides before it got super hot, and before the crowds got too big! The lines were pretty moderate at the beginning. Also, Malachi is tall enough to ride the bigger rides with an adult! So that made it fun! We had originally planned to leave around noon, but ended up heading back to Springfield around 3!

The kids got a little bit of a nap in the car after leaving SDC. When we got back to Springfield, we did some grocery shopping at Sam's Club. The kids loved eating the samples. 

Back at home, we popped in a movie we picked up from RedBox, "The Tooth-fairy", and ate pizza rolls! Yum!

Since the day had been busy, and they got a short nap, we put the kids to bed at a decent time! Lydia gave me a haircut before we went to bed as well.



~Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site thepaaschfamilyupdate.blogspot.com
Is this possible?