Friday, July 30, 2010

A New Cord for iPhone, Plus More!


The battery life on my iPhone is nice, but for me, it drains quickly due to the fact I listen to music while at work. So to help from having a dead phone by the end of the workday, I bring my power cord with me. Unfortunately, after 5 months of carrying it around in my pocket and pulling it out several times a day... I wore it out!

The cord had gotten so bad, wires were exposed. And some of those wires were frayed. Yikes! I had gotten so bad, it was time to buy me a new cord. I wasn't too happy with the price though! $20!! Ouch!

When we went to Walmart to purchase a new cord, Lydia noticed something else... A charger/battery-pack for only $30! Wow, not bad! Designed by Case-Mate, it also gives you the USB cord to sync your player to the computer. That's exactly what I need! Plus the benefit and being able to charge the phone is awesome, and well worn the extra ten dollars.

The device also comes with a mini & micro USB cord so that you can also use it for charging other phones and devices besides the iPhone/iPod. One of my favorite features is that it keeps the cord nicely wrapped, preventing the problem I had with apple's cord. However, the cord is much shorter then I like.

So far, after having it for almost a week, I'm really satisfied with the device. Oh, it's also much better in price than the others! I'm n you can buy! I'm not too keen on spending $50+ on the same type of product!

BTW, if you're looking to find this item on the internet, good luck. I couldn't!

~Matt

No comments: