Wednesday, July 28, 2010

SG and Photoshop!


As many of you know, I follow Southern Gospel news and blogs. I had once thought about blogging about it, but have found that there are several out there that do such a great job at it, I just leave it up to them. Plus, I like to ramble here, and could never stay on topic! Since my posts are so random, today is about Southern Gospel!

Well, to get to the point.... Yesterday, I read about the possibility of the the Hoppers getting photo-shopped in one of their photos. To be specific, Connie.

Now, I will agree that it does look that perhaps some of the winkles have been wiped away, but that could have been done with a good make-up artist as well. The photo looks good, and I don't think that it misleads anyone on how they look. She still looks like herself, and doesn't give a false impression.

I guess some consider it wrong to "touch-up" an image. However, I don't think so. I also use photoshop occasionally on the photos I post. I have kids, and when you take pictures... things show up. For example, I had taken a great shot of Malachi smiling. I was getting ready to post it and share it, even get it printed at Walmart. But there was a problem. Unbeknownst to me, at the time of the shot, there was a huge, nasty, green booger in one of his nostrils! YUCK! I quickly touched up the photo, and no one knew something was missing.

I don't think people should misrepresent themselves in photos. But a little touch-up in the right way doesn't hurt!

 Anyway... as you can see in the attached picture, I decided to have some fun and give Claude Hopper a new look! :) I guess this would be misleading! LOL!

~Matt

No comments: