Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week Rundown! (07/11/10 - 07/17/10)




Okay... again, this post is late. But it's been a hectic few days!


Sunday:

Ahh... Sunday!

Well, I drove the church van, attended morning services, and went home for the afternoon!

Tonight was special. Mysia was presented with her church membership certificate and a new Bible. She's so proud of it! The service was also the closing of our week-long VBS! It had been a long week, but it was awesome! I was certain that the boys were going to loose the penny offering. That meant that I'd be taking a pie to my face. However, I was wrong! We won by $30!!! The total amount raised was over $2000! A record!

We had snacks after the services, and Mary was supposed to get the pie in the face, but it was raining! So it's to be next Sunday! (I'm happy that it's not me!)

Oh.. Mysia went home with Granny. She's spending the entire week there since her Daisy Scouts are having a "camp" every afternoon, and Granny is taking her. We'll see how well she does!


Monday:


We woke up, got ready, dropped Malachi off at daycare and hit the gym. Ugh... I didn't want to! For the past few weeks, we haven't missed a day, so I guess we're doing good!

After her school, work, and giving plasma.... Lydia picked up Malachi before picking me up from work. They both went and vacuumed out the car and went through the car-wash. We all went to Walmart to pick up a few things... bust most importantly, a booster seat for Malachi! He's so excited!

We had a peaceful evening at home. Of course, we made a call to Mysia. She's doing fine without us!


Tuesday:

Today was pretty normal. We came home, ate leftovers, and got Malachi ready for bed before I headed out for quartet practice. Malachi actually stayed up and sat with Lydia while I was gone, and watched TV.


Wednesday:

A hot and humid day. Made it to church early... too early. Malachi played on the children's equipment while we watched. During services, Mysia didn't want to sit with us. She wanted Granny! Oh well...

We came home, put Malachi to bed, watched MONK, worked on homework/projects at the same time, and then went to bed.


Thursday:

Well, besides work, school, and daycare, nothing was really different until evening!

Lydia dropped Malachi off at Granny's before picking me up from work. He gets to spend the night too, and go with Mysia and her group to the park tomorrow!

I dropped Lydia off at home since some of her family were coming over for a visit. I then visited KWFC to run over some design projects I'm working on for them. The concert at the Fair is coming up soon, and their gearing up for it! What fun!

I then headed over to Ben's house (friend from church). He helped me look at the car. It had been acting up again. Come to find out, the fan that keeps the engine cool when the air comes on is not working correctly! It's the one that they just installed less than two weeks ago! I'm going to have to take it in! Ugh!

I went home and got to visit with Titus, Lycia, and Paulette... And eat pizza! Lycia brought over the cd that had our recent photo-shoot on it! The pictures look great! Lydia uploaded them onto her facebook page!

After they left, since the kids were gone, Lydia and I watched the "Bounty Hunter" before heading to bed. It was a good movie.. Enough action for me, and a pretty good romantic plot for Lydia. And plenty of humor for both of us!



Friday:

Lydia took the car into the shop during her lunch break, and walked back to work. They weren't able to do anything, and I argued with them over the phone. They said to bring it back in on Tuesday and they'll replace the fan.

It rained, so Lydia and I didn't get to go swimming at my parents' house when we went over there for the evening to pick up the kids. We had a nice visit, none-the-less! And when we got home, the kids were out!


Saturday:

We had originally wanted to go to Silver Dollar City... but since the car was acting up, I didn't want to chance it. I guess we could have went, but we stayed home and did a major cleaning of the kids' rooms. Since we had recently acquired a new bed for Malachi (thanks to my grandma!), we needed to get rid of some stuff and re-organize his room. Plus, there were clothes that were getting too small that we needed to get rid of.

Since we did his room, Lydia got it in her mind to re-organize Mysia's as well... I complained and disagreed like any other normal husband would do. And just like an normal husband, I lost that argument too, of course! Anyway, I'm happy to report that even though we're all tired, both rooms are nice and in order! 

We also did a grocery run, picked up the church van, and also picked up a stereo system from my grandma! My grandma had a record/8-track player, stereo system that my uncle used to own when he was younger. Growing up, my brothers and I would often use it to play records, or plug our portable cd players into it when we were over there! The system has awesome speakers! So when my grandma said that she wanted to get rid of it, and asked if I wanted it... it was a definite yes! Oh... she also gave me all of her records too!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!!


~Matt

No comments: