Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week Rundown! (06/27/10 - 07/03/10)



Sunday:

Well, today was pretty busy! I woke up and went to Mens' Prayer Breakfast then did vans.

During the morning services, I sang in church quartet for a special. Things were going pretty good, and we were singing the song "Satisfied" (made popular by the Gaither Vocal Band). Unfortunately, we forgot to bring the lyrics with us, and several of the guys (Daryn and John) forgot their lines on the verses. So, Daryn pulled out his cell phone, which had the lyrics on it, and they used it. It got several people smiling and laughing when they caught on to what was happening.... 

After singing, I ended up taking Lydia home. She had gotten sick... yuck! I made it back in time to finish the van route before taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's for a birthday party. We had fun there, but I found out that you actually need to adults per kid... not two kids per adult! Things get pretty crazy there!

We got home, Mysia and Malachi napped for an hour and then we headed back to church. Lydia felt better, and was able to come too. At the end of the evening service, Mysia went forward (along with us) to announce her recent salvation, and is to be baptized next Sunday!!


Monday:

No car problems! Yay! Seems that all might be going well... we're praying! I was afraid we'd have to take it in!

This evening we all sorted and folded laundry while Lydia made bean dip for supper. Uncle Titus (Lydia's brother), who has been serving overseas, came over and we got to visit with him! Mysia and Malachi got to play and wrestle with him, and I think they about wore him out! lol! 


Tuesday:

 Today was a rushed day! Pretty much like usual, except for that evening.. a birthday party!

Lydia and the kids picked me up from work and we rushed home to eat. Then it was rush to the party for Lydia's sister Adria. It was held outside, at their church, and the kids loved the fact that there were swings and things to play on. Lydia and I got to visit with everyone.


Wednesday:

Pretty much the usual.... Work, daycare, church..... then bed! Yay!


Thursday:

After supper we headed over to my parents' house to once again enjoy their swimming pool. The weather had been cooler all week, compared to the week before, and today was even so! So, the water was pretty cool too! 

We swam for a good amount of time. Mysia and Malachi stayed in longer to play with Abigail, who had finished mowing the lawn. After swimming, we sat on Grandma's back porch and visited for a while before heading home for bed.


Friday:

Well, today was my day off. I had put in for a day off several weeks ago, before Lydia had acquired her new job. Unfortunately, she now works full days on Fridays since she doesn't have classes. So this gave me the entire day to myself.

So after dropping the kids off at daycare, going to the gym, and then dropping Lydia off at work... I came home and mowed the lawn! Great thing to do on the day off, eh?

Well, after getting that done, I got ready, packed up my fishing gear, picked up my friend Doug, and headed toward one of the local lakes! We had a blast! We didn't do much but talk, cast, and rest! We didn't even catch anything! But that was alright...! If I did catch something, I would have just thrown it back. I was there just to relax, and that's what we did!

I got back home after 2:30, grabbed a quick snack, and started getting things ready around the house in anticipation for our company we planned to have over that evening. I picked up the kids and Lydia around 5, stopped by the store for a few extra things we needed, then headed back home. I then had more help with getting the house prepared.

As our friends arrived, I started the grill and Lydia started work on the sides. The menu for the evening was grilled chicken sandwiches and noodle salad. Yum! Counting us, there was 13 people total. We talked, ate, and talked some more! The kids had a blast as well. It's nice to invite other couples that have kids too! lol!


Saturday:

 We slept in for a little bit. The kids were wore out from Friday night, and so were we! After eating a quick breakfast, we headed off to church for VBS visitation. We were part of a van-load that canvased a good portion of a few neighborhoods! Lydia and I made a great team... Lydia and Mysia took one side of a street, and Malachi and I took the other. We got quite a bit covered in little time! Thankfully, the weather was nice.

When we got back home, we put the kids down for naps and I grabbed a short one too! It wasn't long and we were back in the car, heading to the bowling alley to meet up with Lydia's family. We played two games, and had a good time.

We went back home, kinda rested a bit and watched some TV. Malachi was wore out and we both fell asleep on the couch. Mysia enjoyed watching America's Funniest Videos... 

After we got the kids to bed, I did a quick grocery run and Lydia prepared food for Sunday!


 ~Matt

No comments: