Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Week Rundown! (07/18/10 - 07/24/10)


Sunday:

It was a pretty normal church day... except Mary got pied! Hahahaha! I got to pie her in the face since the boys won the penny offering for Vacation Bible School last week! Oh, the highlight of the day!



Monday:


Besides daycare, work, and Lydia's classes. Nothing important really happened today.

I mowed the lawn before supper. After we put the kids to bed, Lydia worked on homework and I worked on a project for KWFC.


Tuesday:

What a morning! We dropped kids off at daycare, went to gym, and then I dropped Lydia off at college. Instead of going to work, I took the car back into Midas... I had told them the engine was still kicking, and I believed the radiator fan (that kicks on when the AC is on to keep the engine cool) was messed up. Sure enough, the one they had put on two weeks ago, was defective and the fan blades were warped! They installed a "new" one, and it took them two hours. After they were finished, I headed out, and sure enough, the engine kicked! I turned around and brought it back. They said to come back on Saturday and they'll fix it! Boy, I hope so! This is too much of a pain!

Lydia was in-between classes, so she dropped me off at work and returned to college. The day went by pretty normal after that.

That evening, I stayed at home while Lydia went to a "spa" party held at her sister's. The kids and I watched tv while we ate a hearty supper. In fact, they ate so well, they had seconds! I must have been a great cook! I made lemon-pepper fish fillets, broccoli with cheese, and cooled potato bites!

I got them to bed at a decent hour, and that evening  recorded two Weatherford Quartet records to my laptop, plus the video of Ike and Holly's wedding. As the records were recording, I laid in bed. I woke up when Lydia came in! Ahhh... sleep!


Wednesday:

Mysia didn't have Daisy Scouts, so we actually had supper at home before heading to church!

On the way to church, it rained.... hard! We could barely see the road. It was good to get a rain though!


Thursday:

Lydia's cousin's daughter is working for a local company that sells vacuums from door to door. She needed practice, so Lydia scheduled a demonstration. Well, at 7, we get a ring of the doorbell. A guy is at the door.. he was the company's field agent that had came since she couldn't make it. So he did this whole sells pitch... vacuuming, questioning us, everything... for TWO hours! I felt sorry for the guy after the first 30 minutes! I knew we weren't going to buy, we have no money. If we were gonna spend money, it'd be on a new car! Anyway, he told us the cos at the end. We both laughed. We had to. We couldn't help it.

$2,500+!!!!! Ouch! Don't get me wrong, the product is nice. If I had the money I'd get it. After a new car, some furniture, a Wii, and an iPad..... But besides that, it was neat vacuum. However, we're not rich, we have bills to pay. He kinda got under Lydia's skin by suggesting that if we don't purchase it, we're harming our kids health. Boy... you don't do that!

He called his office to see "what he could do". He got it lowered down to $52 bucks a month. I then asked how long. A blank look appeared on his face. He went back to the phone. "Around 36 months..." was the answer. That's 3 years! "Uh, no..." was my reply. I felt sorry for the guy. He had expected a sell. We was just doing this as a favor for practice!

Anyway.... after he left, the kids got showers, and I then headed out to help my dad. He needed someone to assist him in installing a new tub. It's not a one-man job, as I had found out over the past two years with my tub problems! It took several hours, but we got it in. Not the easiest thing for just to guys either! Ha! I also visited with my mom a bit as well.

I got home, and Lydia was still working on her homework. So I fell asleep on the very comfortable couch. Eventually, Lydia did too! We woke up at 2:50 in the morning and went to bed! That couch is comfortable though!!!



Friday:

Hooray... the last workday of the week! I was so glad for it to be here!

The day went by like normal. It was slow going as it approached 5. Lydia was able to get off work at 4:30, so she picked up the kids and supper before getting me. Then it was rush to drop off Mysia and Malachi with their Aunt Lycia for the night! They were excited, and so were we. DATE NIGHT!

Yup... Lydia and I got the entire evening to ourselves. And wouldn't you know it? There was a country concert in town! What a way to treat my wife, then with the music she enjoys! I've taken her to plenty of Southern Gospel concerts over the past 7 years, so it was her turn.

As far as I know, it's the first country concert I've ever paid entrance to. I've worked several as a teen in concessions at the fair. So this was a bit different to me. A Southern Gospel concert it wasn't... that's for sure. But I had a good time. Lydia really enjoyed it.

We stayed for the entire concert, which ended at 11:30. I then took her (well, she drove) to Andy's Frozen Custard for a treat before heading home.


Saturday:

I was meaning to wake up early and get the car to the shop, but since we got home so late last night, I was tired! I ended up waking up around 8:30ish. I quickly got dressed, ate a quick bite, and headed to the auto shop, leaving Lydia asleep in bed! When I arrived, they were waiting for me. Thankfully, they didn't have much business, and took my car right in. Within an hour, I was on my way. The car purred nicely and the engine didn't kick at all! Finally!!!!!

Lydia was still asleep when got back home. We slowly got around, and tried to focus on organizing our bedroom. The kids were still with Lycia, so we thought we'd get a bunch done. Yeah, right! We were lazy. We focused on getting the kids' artwork sorted. We had saved a years worth of papers they have brought home from daycare and church. There was a lot to go through. Both are very talented, and it was hard sorting through it all, and throwing away most of it! I took several pictures of some of their best work and posted them on facebook.

Lycia dropped the kids off at home before 5, and we ate supper.... corn-dogs! We also put in a movie, The Princess Diaries. It's been a while since we watched it, and Mysia didn't remember it. Because of that fact, she wasn't interested in watching it at first. So I teased her half-way through, saying we ought to turn it off. That idea didn't go over very well with her at all! I'm such a mean daddy I guess! lol

Later that evening, we went to Lowes and then Walmart for our grocery run. By the time we got back home, the kids were wore out. Wait.... so was Lydia and I!


~Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#6699cc]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. thepaaschfamilyupdate.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#6699cc]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]