Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week Rundown! (03/27/11 - 04/02/11)



Sunday:

  Today was "Spring Alive" at our church. We have a morning service, dinner, and than an extended afternoon service, with no evening service. Since it was an all day event and difficult to keep the young kids corralled at times, the vans ran for teens and adults only. We encouraged the parents to come and bring them though! This gave me a relief on driving the vans today, and got to come to church with my family!
  The dinner in the afternoon was good. Afterwards, I partook in a quick practice with the quartet since we were scheduled to sing twice. The afternoon service consisted of the college boys preaching 15 minute sermons with singing specials in-between. Mysia sat with us, while Malachi was in the toddler room. Steppin' Out sang a new arrangement of "Ain't God Good", utilizing Sam on the banjo. It was a perfect choice for "Spring Alive", and is definitely one that we're keeping in our line-up!
  After services, we headed home with nothing specific planned. Lydia had some homework to do, and the kids played. Paulette came over and I helped with some photos and things from the previous weddings. We also watched an episode of Inspector Gadget before putting the kids to bed. I then watched some MythBusters before we too retired to sleep!


Monday:

  Lydia got up early and made her trip to the gym. When she got back, it was my turn, and then I headed into work. Lydia got the kids ready and dropped them off at daycare and school before heading into college. It was Mysia's first day back at school since having a whole week off for spring break.
  Back at home for the evening, the kids worked on cleaning their rooms when I arrived from work. Lydia was already working on supper. We ate quickly since Lydia had a Pampered Chef party to attend to that was being held by her sister. Quartet practice was post-pined this week, so I watched the kids and eventually got them ready for bed. I was able to get some things done around the house while watching some tv as well. When Lydia came back home, we didn't stay up too long, and headed to bed.


Tuesday:


  A pretty normal day. Gym, work, school....
  The evening was pretty restful in the fact that there was nothing out of the ordinary. We ate supper and did homework. The kids played the Wii before bedtime. I enjoyed a few episode of MythBusters and worked on some projects while Lydia did her homework.


Wednesday:

  Lydia woke up and went in to BioLife to give plasma. I slowly got up and got the kids ready. I left for work when Lydia arrived back home. She then dropped the kids off at daycare and school before heading into classes herself.
  Malachi went home with Granny & Grandad after church. We visited Walmart to grab a few things we needed. We treated Mysia to an ice cream cone. Back at home, we worked on homework before going to bed.


Thursday:

  We got up, got ready and left the house. I headed to work, Lydia dropped Mysia off at school and then headed into college. She had a meeting and then classes. Lydia also had an interview later in the afternoon.
  Tonight we had potato soup for supper, it was good!


Friday:

  One of my favorite days of the year! APRIL FOOLS!!!
  When it comes to fooling people on this day, I have one specific rule. You can only attempt a 'fool' on person once. After that, it's over. No re-tries, no second 'fool'. So it has to be good, but after that... it's back to be honest. Otherwise, you can't get anything accomplished for the day because no one trusts you. And I like trust...
  Well, I started out the day by waking up and getting Lydia good with the idea that it had snowed. She was tired enough to believe me until she looked outside! I then got the kids with the same 'fool'! Yup, my job for today was accomplished.
  Mysia liked the idea of April Fools, and I explained what the day was. Time had passed, I was almost ready to leave for work, and Mysia came running to me. She then announced that we had forgotten to do her homework. I, of course, started to freak out... forgetting that we did indeed to it yesterday. With a great smile she exclaimed, "APRIL FOOLS!!!"
  Yes folks, she is my daughter.......! Be warned!
  The day turned out exciting, as a job opportunity had come up. Although it was hard to share with family, especially with it being the 1st.
  This evening we had the privilege to go to the Grand Jubilee Show as part of the KWFC's "Branson Night Out." The show was very entertaining, and the kids did pretty well. Malachi was a bit bored, and had a hard time sitting through the second half, but what can you expect from a 3 year-old! After the show, we treated them to some ice-cream and headed home.


Saturday:


   I wanted to sleep in, and so did Lydia. However, today was to be a busy day! Lydia went to a financial seminar that was held at the Library and then went in to her appointment at BioLife. While she was gone, the kids and I took on the house. Clean up time! The kids were in charge of their bedrooms, while I worked on the rest. It took some time, and I had to break up some playing... but I promised them that they'd get to watch a movie afterwards, and it worked.
  After the movie, I decided that since it was so nice, we'd go outside. Boy, I'm glad we did! The weather had warmed up, and was very enjoyable. They played, we ate snacks, and they played some more until Lydia came home. We then put them down for naps.
  We started putting together some of the desserts for the dessert auction to be held at church tomorrow night. I didn't get to far on the ones I was to make, opting to finish them Sunday afternoon instead. I sat on the couch and took a nap!
  The kids got up from their naps with renewed energy. We ate a quick supper, got ready, and headed to the YMCA to swim!!! Unlike last week, we didn't have to worry about thunderstorms and lightning to hinder our fun. We spent over an hour swimming and playing in the water.
  Back at home, we got the kids ready for bed and watched "High School Musical 2" on Netflix. After they went to bed, I did the weekly grocery run. What a day!


~Matt

No comments: