Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week Rundown! (04/17/11 - 04/23/11)



Sunday:

Lydia still had her migraine, so I didn't do the church vans for pick up. The kids and I got ready, and made it to Sunday School in time. After morning services were over, the kids and I dropped the church kids off and then headed home. Lydia was well rested and feeling better. We ate and the kids took naps.

We headed to church for evening services. We visited afterwards and then headed home. We had frozen yogurt before going to bed.


Monday:

We woke up tired, but we dragged ourselves out of bed. Other than being a bit tired, it was a good day. This evening I went to quartet practice and we ran over 19 songs. We're very excited to be singing next week. While I was gone, Lydia had the kids clean up their rooms before they got ready for bed.

Tuesday:

Lydia woke up and went to the gym, I got up and got ready. When she arrived back home, I headed to the gym before coming into work. Lydia dropped the kids off at daycare and school, and then headed to college.

After picking up the kids, they came to visit me at the radio station. I got to show them my office. The kids fought over who gets the little school-desk/chair. It was neat having them stop by. This evening we let the kids play some games, including teaching them checkers.


Wednesday:

The day went by well. Toward the end of the work day, we were informed that Lydia's grandma was in ICU, so we dropped the kids off at my folks' and headed to the hospital. We spent several hours there, getting to see her and visiting with relatives. The kids went to church with my parents, and we picked them up before heading home.


Thursday:

Today went by fast. the evening was restful and after supper the kids played Wii. They did a great job at bowling, and I'm afraid that they'd beat me if I had joined in! The good part was that it wore them out pretty good, which is what I had hoped for.


Friday:

A rainy/stormy day. Mysia got to stay at school longer, her being a PRIDE Panther. They had extra activities planned.

For the evening, I attended choir practice at church. We are gearing up for the Easter Cantata planned for Sunday. It's gonna be good! By the time I got back home, Lydia already had the kids in bed. We watched a bit of tv before going to bed ourselves.


Saturday:


I had planned for today to be a relaxing one. Lydia and I got to sleep in until 8, and the kids behaved pretty good when they had woken up. The kids and I watched cartoons as Lydia left for a seminar at college. We ate breakfast, and I enjoyed the morning. I even got a change to play a game on my laptop!

While sitting at the table with my laptop, a huge "bang" went off behind me. The dryer had popped it's belt! Scared me half to death. So I pulled out the laundry and hung it up to dry. Not too long afterwards, Lydia called. Her grandma was doing too well in ICU.

My mom let us drop the kids off with Uncle Sam and Aunt Abigail while Lydia and I went to the hospital for about 5 hours. We got to visit with Grandma, and was relieved to learn that she was more stabilized as we left that evening.

The kids were tired, and we got their showers done and them put to bed. I did a grocery run, and we prepared food for tomorrow before going to bed.


~Matt

No comments: