Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week Rundown! (04/10/11 - 04/16/11)


Sunday:

This morning I did the vans, we attended morning services, and had a pretty good afternoon. Evening services went well. Afterwards, we had family over for a birthday party for me. We had root-beer floats and cake. It was short, but we had a good visit with everyone.


Monday:

Well, today was the day I had been waiting for. Full of excitement... it was my first day at KWFC! This is my dream job. Working in a Christian environment, doing designs, promoting the station, and enjoying Southern Gospel Music!!! My tasks for today was to get settled in and work on an event poster for the fair. My job is awesome! I even have my own office with a window.... GOD IS GOOD! ;P

After a quick supper, I headed out to go shooting with my dad and Sam. I got to try out my new .22 rifle I had purchased several weeks ago. It's nice...!
While I was gone, Lydia worked with Mysia on her homework and then got the kids ready for bed. Lydia then spent the rest of the evening working on her homework.


Tuesday:

Lydia started her work study at the college today, it was an answer to prayer. They'll work around her class schedule. We're looking forward to the extra income! :)
On this, my second day of work, I got to put together the graphics for the concert book to be handed out this Friday night. After work, I came home and had supper with Lydia and the kids. I then left them to go to quartet practice. While I was gone, Lydia got the kids ready for bed before heading into her homework.

Quartet practice was great! We worked on over 15 songs, and only had to go over a few a couple of times to be satisfied with how they're sounding. We're gearing up for a singing at the end of this month. We can't wait!


Wednesday:

Besides trying to adjust to my new responsibilities and things at my new job, the day was fairly typical. After arriving at home for the evening, we ate and headed off to church. The children at church were a bit wired, so by the time services had ended, we were wore out. When we got home, we got the kids to bed!


Thursday:


The day went by fast, and the evening went by pretty quick too. Not too long after I got home from work, Lydia left for her meeting with her Honors Program. The kids and I did some things around the house together, watched tv, and got showers before I put them to bed. I played around with videos from youtube until Lydia came home.


Friday:

Today was a big and busy day for me... KWFC's 42nd Anniversary Concert was tonight. Boy, did I have a lot to do! I was in change of the media to be displayed during the entire event. I knew from the get-go that I was gonna be active throughout the day, but I was definitely too excited! Since the concert was put on by the radio station, I was there when the artist arrived. Watching them set up was neat. I helped move the grand piano for Kim Collingsworth! talk about a neat experience. The sound-checks were interesting as well, iPads and iPhones were used to check sound frequency and quality... yes, there is an app for that!

Lydia took off from her last class a little early to pick up Mysia from school. She then picked up Malachi and dropped them off at her sister's before heading to BBC to meet up with me. She sat with me in the back for the entire concert. From where I was sitting, I had a bird's eye view of the entire gym. Since I was in charge of the slides and videos, the only 'breaks' I got was when the artists sang. So when Mark Bishop had his turn, I snuck into the back room to grab me some supper. I got to sit next to Mark Trammell and across from his son, Nick. I LOVE MY JOB!

The concert went very well, and I'm happy to say that no technical issue came about. That was my greatest fear. Especially since it was all on me! I was able to go home with the satisfaction of a work-week well done! Whew....


Saturday:

We all slept in this morning. We were tired. Once up, Lydia left for her appointment at BioLife. The kids and I ate breakfast and got a few things done around the house. They watched some cartoons too. We decided to head out to Silver Dollar City after noon. The weather was a bit cooler than expected, but it was still nice enough to enjoy the outdoors.

While there, visited the new section and allowed the kids to enjoy the new kid swings ride and play area. We all rode the carousel, which has been brought back this year! We rode the "Shoot Out" and the kids did a great job on their scores. (I'll post pics on my facebook page) We also enjoyed the Russian Circus show.

On the way home, we stopped by to see Lydia's grandma and visited with her for a bit. We also gave her Malachi's 'school' picture. She played the game, button-button with the kids. They loved it. Once we arrived at home, we ate supper and got ready for bed. Lydia got a migraine and ended up going to bed before the kids. After I got the kids to bed, I did a quick grocery run before going to bed as well.

~Matt

No comments: