Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Answer Is "YES!" (06/28/2011)


I told Mysia and Malachi that it was time for showers, and for them to
get their pajamas in preparation. Like always, I had planned to have
Malachi take his first.


There is reasons for it. For one, Mysia takes longer in the shower,
which usually means no warm water for Malachi. Another is that I can
quickly get him in and out, leaving me little left to do since Lydia
usually helps Mysia in what little help she needs.

Well, Mysia came back to me asking if she could take her shower first.
I looked her in the eyes and calmly said no. She then got a bit of
attitude and said that it was no fair, storming off from the room. As
she did so, she proclaimed that all my answers where "no".

Now I couldn't let that be the case! What a horrible father I would be
if that was so, it couldn't be true! So, with that in mind, I called
for her to come back.

Reluctantly, she walked back into the living room. I then asked her to
ask me a different question. She replied with a slow "okay..." I told
her to ask that she may take her shower last. She looked at me
strange, and quietly repeated the question.

With the most jovial tone I could muster, I replied, "YES!" she gave
me a dirty look. I then continued by telling her that see... I could
answer with yes!

I don't think she appreciated my sincere effort....!

~Matt

No comments: