Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week Rundown! (05/22/11 - 05/28/11)


Yes... this is being posted well over a week late! But hey! At least I'm posting it! :P
-----------------


Sunday:

A fairly normal day at the beginning, the van route and Sunday services were good. For the evening services, Lydia and I had the toddlers. We had the kids outside for the first part, but then the weather started getting nasty, so we brought them in. The storm system that hit Joplin with the big tornado was heading toward us. For the rest of the evening, we got quite a bit of rain.

Thankfully, we didn't have any tornado warnings, but the weather was pretty severe.


Monday:

Early in the morning, around 3am, Lydia got the call that her grandma wasn't doing so well, so she went to the hospital for several hours.

The day was filled with severe wind and rain. Lightning was everywhere. The radio station tower took a pretty good hit, and made everyone jump! Lydia had jury duty and spent most of the day in the courthouse waiting.

For supper we ate Pizza and then hurried off to to the house of our friend Ben Winter. He has been a blessing to us... He was the guy who found our new car! Well, he agreed to replace the oil gasket on our van. He's a genius! Lydia visited with his wife Heather while the kids played and watched a movie.


Tuesday:

Mysia and Malachi was picked up by Granny and Grandad to go to Granddad's company picnic. By the pictures and what they've told us, they had a blast. Lydia and I took this chance to have a date night and go out for dinner. We decided to stop by the hospital first and visit Lydia's grandmother. We ate dinner at Olive Garden... yum! It was good food!

We arrived home in time as my parents dropped off the kids. We then gave them showers and went to b ed


Wednesday:

Mysia went on a field-trip with her school to the zoo. Even though we were under some severe storm warnings, they did fine. She reported that they had a good time.

This afternoon, Lydia's grandmother passed away. It was sad, but joyous news. She had told family that she was ready to go, and we're glad she went peacefully.

Tonight was church, so after supper we rushed there. During services, I sang a special, "The Last Sunday" that I thought would fit pretty good. We never know when our time here on earth is going to end, and I want to be ready.


Thursday:

A pretty normal day for the most part. After supper I went over and scanned photos of Lydia's grandma so that they could be put into a video presentation for the visitation next week. There were a lot to go through! I'm estimating over a hundred photos to sort, crop, adjust, etc. I'm gonna be busy for the next few days.


Friday:

Earlier this week, I had worked a few hours over, so I got to go home early. Lydia and I got some things done around the house, and supper ready with a short time. Our friends Doug and Mary came over for a visit. So we ate, played games, and watched a movie. The kids played games too. It was nice to have an evening of fun.


Saturday:

We slept in for a bit, but not too much. Our day was sure to be busy!

I got up before Lydia, so I set the kids up to the tv while I started breakfast. My project for today was the video presentation for Grandma McAdoo. Lydia decided to work on re-arranging the master bedroom. She had the kids take care of their own rooms.

After lunch, and while the kids took naps, I mowed the lawn. It really needed it. With all the rain we had, it prevented me from mowing earlier in the week and allowed the lawn to really grow. The grass was still a bit wet, and there were some puddles in the yard, but I got most of it mowed. I'm sure I'll need to do it again soon. There are clumps of cut grass throughout the yard!

~Matt

No comments: