Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week Rundown! (06/19/11 - 06/25/11)



Sunday

I woke up a bit tired, but I dragged myself out of bed. I was tired. Before I headed out to run the church van, the kids gave me Father's Day cards.

During the afternoon, we ate lunch and played with play-dough the kids had made. After making many weird objects, we took quick naps before heading to church.

Lydia and I were in charge of the toddlers during the evening services, it was a class full of boys including Malachi. We let them play outside, taught them a lesson, and then let them play with some of that home-made play-dough. After services we took part in the birthday/anniversary dinner. It was Mexican themed. Yum! Of course, when we got home and got the kids ready for bed, they said they were still hungry! It never ends...


Monday

Mysia woke us up around 5:30am with her vomiting on the bathroom floor. Obviously something she ate didn't agree with her stomach. I had a bit of an upset stomach as well, but it didn't affect me as much as it did Mysia! She went back to bed, and was feeling better by the time to leave. She wasn't as energetic as usual, but I took her to daycamp anyway.

Around noon, Lydia got the call to pick Mysia up. She had thrown up in the bus on the way to lunch. Lydia ended up staying home with her the rest of the day. Mysia slept for 5 hours, and was alseep when I came home.

We had a restful evening, but Malachi was a bit hyper! But that's nothing too new!


Tuesday

Lydia took Malachi to daycare and I dropped Mysia off at Granny's house. She had to be 24 hours over her sickness before she could go back to daycamp. She was fine, and she got to be Aunt Abigail's buddy for the day.

For the evening, we talked, watched tv, read books, then the kids went to bed. Lydia worked on homework, and I dozed off!


Wednesday

Everything was back to schedule and the day went by pretty fast. Since I'm working longer hours Mon-Thurs so that I have Fridays as half day, it makes it a rush to get to church! I come home, eat real quick, and then we leave!

Both kids were tired after church services, and it didn't take them long to go to bed. It didn't take us long either!


Thursday

The day went by pretty good. The week was almost over!

For the evening, we had our friend Doug over, since his wife was gone to help in youth camp. We ate and visited. After the kids went to bed, he and I played the Wii until we were both yawning! He creamed me on several of the Resort games, but I got him on a few as well. Lydia did homework.... ;)


Friday


I took the van to the car wash to get in nice and ready for the trip on Saturday. I got it all vacuumed out, and it looked great. Well, as I went through the wash, the brushes snagged the edge of the back bummer of the van and ripped it off! I heard a noise, so when coming out of the wash, I parked the van and discovered the plastic pumper almost completely off! I tried to 'snap' it back on, but it fell off twice before I could get home. I was able to re-screw it on when it fell off the third time.

Lydia met me at home, we ate a short lunch and headed out to the mall to do some quick looking at some charm brackets (to get an idea at the cost). We then picked up the kids and stopped by the hardware store to grab some washers so I could fix that bumper. I'm happy to say that it is now secure!

We had a good supper, and I finally got my chance to mow the lawn. It was really needing it! After mowing, I brought out the weed-eater and started it. Come to find out, the part that connects the motor to the handle was broken! Go figure!


Saturday

Well, it was an early morning for us. We got up around 5, packed lunch and things into the van, and headed to my parent's house to pick them up. We then made the 2-1/2 hour trip to Beaver Lake, Arkansas. We attended a Paasch Family Reunion at a cabin near the lake. Not all the family could make it, but we did have a good visit. Thankfully, there was a room with toys! Mysia and Malachi kept pretty busy playing, which gave us a good chance to visit without them getting to cranky.

We left for Springfield around 5, and got to my parent's house by 8. We then swam in the pool and visited a bit before going home and to bed.

~Matt

No comments: