Friday, June 24, 2011

Week Rundown! (06/6/11 - 06/18/11)


(yes... this post is late)

Sunday

I was low on the vans.

Went to parents house to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. We ate pizza, visited, and then played in the pool!

Great evening services. Got to hear the presentation by our own missionary from our church, Daniel Elliot to Mongolia! After services, we ate some ice cream and went to bed.


Monday

Today was back to our normal schedule. Mysia is liking her daycamp, and they are keeping her active.

Had a relaxing evening.


Tuesday

Nothing out of the ordinary happened today. Got to bed on time!


Wednesday

I came home from work, we ate a quick supper and headed out for church.
Went grocery shopping after church, got food for the weekend as well!


Thursday

Today I sold the car. A guy from down the street bought it with the intention of fixing it. I'm just glad to have it out of the driveway.

This evening, Gary/Gampa (Lydia's dad) came over for a Father's Day supper. We had spaghetti for supper. The kids brought out their school accomplishments, and bombarded him with "look at this". He played Mario Kart Wii with Lydia and the kids. They sure gave him a good challenge!

Before bed, I packed the van with all my camping and fishing gear!


Friday

I went to work early so that I could answer phones and 'man' the station while my co-workers managed the KWFC Golf Tournament. Lydia took Mysia to day camp and got to work later than normal.

I got off at noon, headed to pick up Doug and pack his camping things in the van, then we picked up Malachi from daycare. We had to stop by Walmart to grab a few things, including a fishing license for me. Then it was off to the campsite!

We got there safely, set up the tent, and piled all of our stuff in it! We then headed out to the lake to fish off the dock for a bit. We didn't catch a thing, but enjoyed the time. Malachi did pretty good casting his line, but I spent a lot of time untangling it. We then went for a swim in the lake, and got good and chilled. Back at the camp site, we ate a hearty supper... grilled porkchops!

Us guys that brought our boys got a treat, we were taken out on the lake. Malachi sure did enjoy the boat ride!

Lydia got off at noon as well, and spent the afternoon with her friend Courtney, and picking Mysia up at 4. She spent the evening with Mary and they stayed up until 3am talking.

Malachi and I went to bed before midnight, slept well thanks to the fan!


Saturday

We woke up before 6. Malachi was charged and ready to go. He was all around the campground. We ate breakfast and visited. Malachi played. After eating, we headed out to one of the lake docks to fish. I spent most of the time un-tangling Malachi's line, and he played with his friend Clayton. Fishing lasted a little over an hour, and then we headed to the 'beach' part of the lake to swim. We built a sand castle, played in the water, got sand everywhere.... Yuck. Malachi would occasionally give out a few huge burps, which meant that he had gulped down some of the lake water!

Lydia and Mysia had spent the night with Mary. Lydia had an early appointment at Biolife, but came back to spend time with Mary for most of the day.

We made it back to the camp site in time to watch the preparation of lunch. Frying fish smelt sooooo good! Before we ate, we listened to a devotion given to us men and boys. Malachi fell asleep before the devotion was finished, so I knew that he was almost ready to go home. We ate lunch and visited for quite a while, then packed the rest of the stuff up and headed toward town.

It didn't take too long for Malachi to fall asleep after hitting the road. We dropped Doug off at his house, and met the girls there. They were just starting to eat their lunch, so we sat and watched "Tangled" before heading home. I unloaded the van and Lydia gave Malachi a shower. It was then my turn, and boy, did it feel good to be clean. I then worked on the church bulletin for Sunday while watching some tv with the family. The kids went to bed and I went to church to get the bulletin printed.

I didn't stay up too late after getting back home. I was ready for bed!!!

No comments: