Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week Rundown! (06/5/11 - 06/11/11)


Sunday

I had the church van from yesterday, so it made it nice just heading to church. The morning services were good. My parents took the kids for the afternoon, so Lydia and I had a peaceful time at home.

We had a teachers meeting after evening services. We're gearing up for VBS already, and it doesn't start until the first of August! But boy, it's gonna be fun!


Monday

Today was Lydia's first day of summer semester in college and Mysia's first day at summer day camp since the school year had ended... It also meant a change of schedule. Malachi has no change in daycare, but since Mysia has to be dropped off no earlier than 9, my work schedule had to be changed. Not only that, but office hours has changed where we only work a half a day on Friday. So, my days are longer and a bit later!

Well, Lydia dropped off Malachi at daycare and headed into school. I dropped off Mysia and headed to work.

Lydia picked up the kids and came home. By the time I got home, they were already eating. I ate real quick and went to quartet practice. While I was gone, Lydia got the kids ready for bed and read them stories.


Tuesday

Lydia headed off to work, but dropped Malachi off at daycare first. I dropped Mysia off at her day camp and then headed into work.

Lydia picked up the kids and got home before me. I arrived after work, and ate supper. I then headed out to go shooting with Sam and my dad until dark. Lydia stayed with the kids, got them ready for bed, and then worked on homework.

I watched a little bit of tv after arriving back home. Then we went to bed.


Wednesday

The main part of the day went by fast. Since I have been working past 6, Lydia picked up the kids, made supper and fed the kids, then met me work. We headed straight to church for the evening services. Afterwards, we stopped by the store and Lydia picked up some ice cream cones... Once we got home, we realized that we left the van at my work, so we had to turn around and go get it. So much for saving too much gas!


Thursday

We went for a walk around the neighborhood after supper. It was nice weather. Malachi rode in the wagon while I pulled it. Mysia, however, ditched the idea of riding with him and chose to push her toy baby stroller the entire walk.

Back at home, we ate some ice cream and then watched a few episodes of Andy Griffith Show before bed.


Friday

With our new schedules, Lydia and I both work half days on Fridays for the summer! It makes for a pretty nice start of the weekend. Since it was swimming day for Mysia at her summer camp she's attending, we took Malachi with us to pick her up. Basically, we just signed her out and joined in the public pool for swimming. After a hot, humid week... the pool was very enjoyable!

We swam and swam for several hours. Of course, Mysia had been in the pool for several hours earlier, so she was wearing out. Malachi had obviously had a long day too, so we left and picked up some pizza on the way home. We ate and watched tv and then put the kids to bed before 7!

Lydia was working on homework, but I was dead tired, so I went to bed before 8! Lydia ended up finishing her projects and got to bed later.


Saturday

The kids and I woke up refreshed. Lydia got up and headed in to Bio-Life to give plasma. While she was gone the kids cleaned up their rooms and I cleaned up around the house. We then turned on Netflix, letting them watch RugRats and other cartoons while I worked on a few projects. When Lydia came home, we got ready and left for Silver Dollar City.

Boy, it was a pretty good day to go to the theme park. Perhaps a little hot and humid at times, but we kept cool. We made sure to ride some specific rides and then attend one of the shows. The kids were well behaved over-all, and we had an enjoyable time.

One of the last rides we decided to go on before leaving was "Fire-In-The-Hole". It's not the kids' favorite ride, since it's a bit frightful, being an indoor roller-coaster that's in the dark for most of the ride. Malachi wasn't really wanting to ride it, but since he was with me, he was okay for the most part. We had hoped to all ride at the same time, but Malachi and I ended up on the train ahead of Lydia and Mysia. The ride was going good, and Malachi was not afraid... until the right before the last drop in the ride. We heard the words "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" and then an alarm sounded, the ride jerked to a stop, and all the lights came on. We waited for 5 or more minutes before an attended found us, then had to wait longer for them to secure our train with a chain before letting us off.

This whole ordeal freaked Malachi out. For me, it was awesome! We ended up walking the tracks for half of the ride with it all lit up! You see, I grew up riding this landmark in the theme park, and getting to see the insides was a super plus!!! It sure made my day! And I would have taken pictures with my iPhone if it was for a boy tightly clinging to my neck!

Since Lydia and Mysia were in the train behind us, they went through the same situation. Mysia freaked out a bit as well! They didn't get the chance to walk as much of the ride as we did.

After leaving the park, we headed to McDonald's to pick up supper and went to my parents' house. There we swam in their pool for a few hours. We then ate sherbet and visited before going home and getting ready for bed.

~Matt

No comments: