Monday, August 8, 2011

Week Rundown (07/31/2011-08/06/2011)



Sunday

I got up and got ready for Men's prayer breakfast at church. I tried to bring Malachi, but he wouldn't wake up. After the breakfast I ran my vans route and then attended morning services.

The afternoon was restful and I was able to take a good nap before heading out again to do van. Tonight was the kickoff for Vacation Bible School, so getting the kids to church was a big priority.


Monday

Today was one of the biggest days for my place of employment. If you listen to KWFC, you know why. The station was the media sponsor for the Ozark Empire Fair for the day, and we had a big concert planned for the evening at the grandstand.

A lot went into getting this event together and I had a part as well. There was a video presentation at our booth, t-shirts, registration flyers, and the powerpoint presentation for the concert. With the heat reaching 105°, I was glad our booth was in the AC. However, the concert was outside...

Lydia came and joined me after she got off work. The kids were with Granny, and she took them to VBS at church. I got to eat catered dinner with the artists and watch them set up. Of course, we had to set up things as well. My hope was that my laptop wouldn't over-heat due to the extreme weather! Running video and slides... it woulnd't have been good.

Thankfully, there was a bit of a breeze, and we were able to keep hydrated. Attendance was FAIR, considering the heat, and the concert was good. We got home after 11ish, and I was tired!


Tuesday

Back to work at the station for me! There was a lot to catch up on. Mysia got to spend the later morning to early afternoon with me in the office. While I worked on my graphics, she watched movies on my iPod and created characters out of paper with scissors and tape. After lunch, she was picked up by Granny to spend the rest of the day with her.

After work, Lydia, Malachi, and I ate real quick before heading to church for VBS. My mom brought Mysia. Lydia was in nursery and I taught the 3-4 grade boys. It was a busy but fun evening.


Wednesday

Today went by fast. Vacation Bible School was fun. The lesson was on the two disciples arguing over their seating next to Jesus around the throne and blind Bartimaeus. The theme dealt with being a servant, and serving others. Matthew 20: 27 &28


Thursday

Today was pretty much like yesterday. After work we ate and rushed to church for VBS. The kids in my class were well behaved considering that the heat had been extreme for the week.

Friday

Today was half day at work for both Lydia and I, so once we got off we headed to the YMCA to meet up with our friends Stephen & Jestina and their kids to swim! It sure felt good to relax in cool water and allow the kids to swim off their energy. We spent several hours there... it was fun!

We went home, ate real quick, and headed back to church. It was our last 'evening' for VBS and excitement was in the air.


Saturday

For the entire week of Vacation Bible School the kids have been working on a pinewood derby car during craft time. This morning was the races! I ran a church van to pick up kids. The starting time was at 9:30... so getting up and ready was a big thing, especially on a Saturday!

Mysia and Malachi were a bit disappointed that they didn't win in the race, especially Mysia, but we had fun anyways. They were happy to bring home their creations.
Back at home, we ate lunch and took a nice long nap. We then took advantage of our fair press passes that I had got on Monday and walked around the Ozark Empire Fair taking in the sights and sounds. We spent a good portion of our time in the air conditioned E-Plex looking at the booths and crafts. The kids took part in some of the activities in the Kids Zone.

We also went to the Truck and Tractor Trailer Pull. It seems that we spent  more time waiting on the event to start, but it was neat seeing them pull the weights across the dirt. The first tractor even caught on fire! That sure got Malachi interested and excited.

Before heading home, we walked the midway to see the rides and the lights. We didn't ride anything since it was expensive and we didn't really trust those quickly, put-together vomit traps... lol! But we had fun watching them though!


~Matt

No comments: