Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week Rundown (08/07/2011-08/13/2011)


Sunday

Vans and morning service was good. It was promotion Sunday, so the kids got to move up to a new class. They were excited.

We got a little rest during the afternoon, then it was back off to church. It was our Vacation Bible School program. We had a good time sharing the lessons we learned and everything! I was so happy that most of the boys in the class I taught showed up.


Monday

Lydia was working more hours this week at her job since she didn't have college classes. I dropped Mysia of at my mom's, and Aunt Abigail watched her. Lydia did shopping after picking up Mysia later in the afternoon. I picked up Malachi after I got off work and I worked on going through his toys in his room. I had quartet practice, and we're gearing up to singing at Doling park next week on the 18th.


Tuesday

Today was a pretty good day. After supper we had Noah and Courtney over. The kids kept trying to interrupt our conversations, but we all had a great visit.


Wednesday

Tonight was church. This was the first Wednesday for Malachi to set with us since he was promoted out of his class. He did well.


Thursday

After getting off work, we met at home and then headed out to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner in celebration of Me-ma's (Paulette) birthday. The food was good, and for the most part, Mysia and Malachi behaved! They did seem to have to visit the restrooms several times though!


Friday

My last 'half-day' Friday at work for the summer...  a bummer! I really enjoyed not working a full day at the end of the week! I got off work, picked up Mysia and met Lydia and Malachi at home. We did house chores and spent a nice evening at home.


Saturday

Woke up early, got ready, picked up Abigail, and went to the movie theaters. They were showing the new VegieTales movie for free. We all enjoyed it.

For the afternoon, we ate a small lunch and took naps! Yipee! We had a good supper, and then Lydia and I left the kids under Abigail's watch while we on a date! Lydia had got some Cardinal Baseball tickets through a class-mate of hers. It was a great game... 12 innings! What a date!


~Matt

No comments: