Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week Rundown (11/6/2011-11/12/2011)



Sunday

Vans were good for church, and the day went by smoothly. And we got a little rest!


Monday

Today was good, but a little hectic for me. Back to work with a ton to do... good thing I love my job!

I had a "Doctor's appointment" that was a follow-up. The Doctor didn't even see me! After spending 40+ minutes in the waiting-room and getting mixed up with another patient named Matthew, the nurse finally took me back, checked my blood pressure, assured me that all was good, and sent me out. That was it!

This evening, we had parent/teacher conference. Mysia's teacher revealed to us that Mysia was at the top of her class, and an all-around-angel. There were no complaints, no problems, nothing to be addressed. She did recommend that if we get anything for home, that we get 2nd grade material, and raise the bar for Mysia!

Boy, did we walk away as proud parents. Her teacher said that she hopes to get Malachi when he gets to 1st grade. If she only knew how active he is! ;)


Tuesday

We came home in a rush and made goolash for supper. Lydia headed out to a PTA meeting, only to find out it was cancelled. She came back home and I headed to quartet practice. We again practiced Christmas songs. Perhaps this year we'll have a CD available?


Wednesday

Today was cold and wet... made for a day that you just want to stay in bed! Anyway, while I was getting ready this morning, Malachi and Mysia were colored with markers. Sure enough, before we headed out the door, Malachi had taken a pink marker to his eyelids.

After work/school, we met at home and ate sandwiches before heading toward church.


Thursday

This evening we had Discipleship. For supper we had potato soup... it was delicious! The kids worked on posters for their Uncle Silas who made it back from overseas!


Friday

I had the day off from work, and Mysia was off of school since it was Veteran's Day. So I had a "Daddy & Daughter day" with Mysia. I had asked her where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do. I thought of the mall, but she wanted to go to the library... truly our daughter! She loves books. The public libraries were closed due to it being a holiday, so we went to the college's library. Since my mom works there, it made it even more special!

We spent several hours at the library and then headed to a few stores to look around. She enjoyed spending the time to look at all the neat Christmas decorations and toys at both shops. For lunch, we visited Grandma Taylor and spent the rest of the afternoon there before heading home.

We met Lydia and Malachi at home and got ready for Silver Dollar City. We picked up Abigail and got to the amusement park by the time darkness fell. The whole 'city' was decorated with lights and filled with music. Oh... and people too! It was pretty crowded. We made sure to hit all the 'main' stops like the tree, the parade, the train, and Santa.
By the time we got home, we were tired!


Saturday


We didn't sleep in. Lydia had the CAAP test to take... basically the college version of the ACT. She wasn't too happy about taking it, but had to so that she could get her transcripts.

I got up and got the kids ready. We picked up Abigail and headed to the theaters to see the free showing of VeggieTales: Little Drummer-boy. I must say, it's my favorite version of the story. Oh, and I loved the Star Wars references!

We came home, ate lunch, and took naps. Lydia worked on homework, we made supper, and watched "Gnomeo and Juliet" before bed.

~Matt

No comments: