Thursday, May 6, 2010

iPhone App Review: Doodle Blitz (Thursday, 05/06/10)


I like free stuff. And free apps for my iPhone is something I really like!

Well, there are four sites I visit daily that offer a free game. If I like what I see, I'll go ahead and download it. I've already compiled quite a bit of games this way.

Today on http://freeappcalendar.com they offered a game that is quite interesting. It's called Doodle Blitz. An airplane game. Now, I love airplane games! So I downloaded it. But now I'm wondering if I should have though....

In this game, you're an airplane fighter, bombing a city. But get this.. it's based on the World War II London Blitz, and your plane is red. So technically, you're the German Red Baron, bombing the city of London!

I'll be honest... the game is fun. It's like Space Invaders, but backwards. You start out at the top of screen and have to bomb the buildings, tallest to smallest, before you crash into them and game over.

Another thing that's disturbing, while playing during lunch, the one of the cityscapes looked odd. Smaller buildings surrounded by two tall skyscrapers that reminded me of the twin towers!!! Yikes!

Perhaps I ought to stick with games like this!

~Matt