Monday, May 24, 2010

Week Rundown! (05/16/10 - 05/22/10)



Sunday:

Mysia was still sick, so when I woke up, I got ready, then Malachi ready, and we loaded into the church van and headed for church. Malachi did pretty good for me on the van route. That afternoon, when we got back to the church with the van, our Associate Pastor gave us a ride home. That evening, I stayed home with both kids while Lydia went to church. Mysia wasn't feeling the best, but she did fairly well.


Monday:


Since Mysia was still sick, Malachi and I got up, got ready, and headed out. We left Lydia and Mysia at home. I dropped Malachi off at daycare, and headed into work. Lydia called the doctor's office and ended up getting an appointment at 3:15, so I went home for lunch so Lydia could drop me off back at work and have the car for the appointment.

At the doctor's, they tried to test for Strep Throat, but Mysia gagged. They didn't attempt it again. But since all the symptoms pointed to Strep, they gave Lydia a prescription for it.

Lydia and Mysia went to Walmart and got the prescription filled. While they were there, they also did the grocery shopping. When their shopping was completed, they picked me up from work, and then Malachi from daycare.

Back at home, I cooked steak on the grill while Lydia prepared salad. It was a good supper. The meat turned out great, and the salad was delicious! Malachi ate very well, but Mysia still wasn't up to eating at all. She was doing better though. No fever, and she was pretty active.

We're guessing that Malachi had the same thing the week before. Lydia and I just hope that we don't get it!


Tuesday:

After work, we came home and ate supper. I left and met with the guys at church for quartet practice. Abigail is going to be gone when we sing here in a couple weeks, so we asked our songleader, John, to fill in. It throws us off a little, and he's got a lot to learn, but I think we'll manage! We have a few new songs we're trying, and it looks like it's gonna be fun!

Wednesday:

The kids went to daycare, Lydia had some running around to do, and I went to work!

After work, we went to church. I was scheduled to sing tonight, so I chose "Going Home".... one of my favorites. http://www.box.net/shared/i5bt6zm511 Oh, it was nice to enjoy the worship service and hear Pastor's sermon.


Thursday:

Today was pretty typical. We had a great supper and Lydia left to go give plasma. While she was gone, I had the kids work on their bedrooms, which had been neglected over the last week! Toys, toys, and toys! After that, it was showers and off to bed! By the time Lydia got home, Malachi was asleep and Mysia was getting ready for bed. We actually got to bed at a decent time to!


Friday:

Nothing specific happened during the day, but after work, we went home and ate supper real quick. Went to the graduation of Lydia's cousin Kindra. We got to see friends and family, and visited with several of them.


Saturday:

Today was the busiest day of the week!

We woke up, and I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast. We then got ready and headed out to Silver Dollar City. We were making great time, but about 10 miles away from the theme park, we came to be part of a line of cars. From then on, we crawled our way to the parking lot. It took over an hour. I think we could have walked to the park in that amount of time!

In the parking lot, we ran into another line, waiting for a tram/shuttle to bus everyone to the entrance. We then noticed that they were not showing up very fast, and that it would take at least 3 to come and go before we could ever get on. So we walked... ugh! But, we actually beat any tram from our lot! Go figure! Once inside the park, we headed to the kid's rides. There were lines again, but not that long! And M&M had a good time. We also walked around a bit, grabbed some popcorn, and then got in line for the new ride. That one got us wet! It felt soooo good! The weather was hot and HUMID! We then headed to go home, seeing that our time was short.

Once back in the car, we headed to McDonald's. We had coupons for free burgers for the kids, and extras for a meal for Lydia and I. We ate in the car, and the kids took naps. Once in Springfield, we thought things would go smoothly. We were wrong. We hit construction, and was sitting int traffic once again... this time for 30 minutes!!!!

We dropped the kids off with my mom, and headed off to our Sunday School activity. We got there a little late, they had already started eating, said hi to everyone, and grabbed ourselves some food! Our teacher makes wonderful smoked ribs and brisket! IT WAS SO GOOD!

I finished my plate, and got a call from my mom. A migraine had hit her. So I left Lydia, grabbed the kids real quick, and got back. They got to play with the other kids there while we talked and visited. The weather cooled down a bit, so it was nice.

We got home after 9ish, and Lydia gave Malachi and I haircuts before bed! What a day!

~Matt

No comments: