Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week Rundown! (04/25/10 - 05/01/10)


Sunday:

I woke up early and picked up several of the guys for our church's monthly Men's Prayer Breakfast. It was neat having my Grandpa there. In fact, since ours and my parent's Sunday school classes were joined that morning, we got to have my grandparents in there too!

For lunch, we all headed to Cici's Pizza! Mysia and Malachi were finished pretty early, so Abigail took them next door to the dollar store and they got a toy of their choosing.

The kids were tired, so we headed off to my folks' house. Lydia and the kids napped. I stayed up and visited. My grandparents had to leave shortly afterwards.

After church that evening, we had Vacation Bible School (VBS) preparation. A quick meeting that went over what is planned for this year! Sounds exciting!

Before going home, we stopped by McDonald's to get the kids a happy meal with the money they had gotten from Grandma Taylor. Then it was eating, and going to bed!


Monday:


Well, it was back to the same routine. Home after work, sandwiches for supper, laundry washed...

Ugh! However, since I missed going shopping over the weekend, I got the privilege of doing it tonight! Lydia worked on homework!


Tuesday:

Quartet practice was the plan for the night for me! Lydia got the privilege of getting the kids ready for bed! When I got home, she was working on homework once again! She's getting excited that finals are coming up in a couple of weeks, and that she'll be finished with the classes she's in.


Wednesday:

Children's church was different tonight... we ended up in the main auditorium with all the others! At first, I was a little doubtful on how it would go, but the kids behaved pretty good, seeing that we had five rows of kids all sitting next to each other! Our church had Lee Warren and his wife minister to us in music. They are the parents of Ronnie Warren.


Thursday:

We came home after work and ate a quick supper, then it was off to Evergreen Church to watch the homeschooler Song and Drama. Abigail was playing some major parts. It was a good production and Mysia liked it a lot. Malachi got bored through half of it. He was more interested in the men turning on the lights. He did clap excitedly at the finish though. His response... "yay! it's finished!"


Friday:

I worked a little more overtime. Lydia went ahead and started the pizza she picked up. Well, she got the kids' cheese pizza made, and then stuck ours in the oven. Malachi came around and turned the nobs so that the heat was all the way up. Needless to say, ours was burnt, so after picking me up from work, we got us another pizza!

We put the kids to bed, and watched some tv while doing other things (like homework).


Saturday:

Lydia had conference at college that lasted most of the day. I stayed home with the kids as they watched tv and played. I let them eat pizza for lunch in front of the tv.

When nap-time came, I decided that we could all nap in my bed. Well, that didn't work. I napped, or tried to, while the played. One would poke, hit, or pull on the other. Ugh! I finally gave up and sent them to their own beds. They didn't like it, but they were soon asleep. I crawled back in bed, and that's when Lydia came home! No nap for me.

After the kids woke up, we went and got the church van. Lydia and I then went on a date that evening. We went downtown, ate at a restaurant, and then went to a musical/play held by OTC's drama team. It was nice to have a date night!

~Matt

No comments: