Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Fun: O Holy Night (12/10/10)


Want to hear a touching song? Here's O HOLY NIGHT!

15 days until Christmas! So, to bring in the cheer and have some fun.... here it is again... the version that will definitely make you cry, and you'll never be able to forget this version for the rest of your life ! !

I post this every year since I first made this song digital from a cassette back in 2003! Now for the story:


Steve Mauldin is known for orchestrating the music for Gold City's "Midnight Cry", and countless other songs for popular artists in both Southern Gospel and Country. In 1990 he was in the producing a Christmas album for a church in Nashville. He was challenged to sing the song, and decided to "demonstrate everything he had ever heard bad singers do in his career". He put it on cassette and does not know how it got out or anything.

I had gotten this song from my youth pastor on a cassette. He wanted to put this file on cd, and asked me to convert it. He told me that this song has been passed along from Baptist pastor to pastor in the Heartland Baptist Bible College circuit. The plan was to give it to our pastor as a prank, saying this is a professional from Tennessee (that's where our pastor was born and raised). I even went so far as coming up with artwork for the cd and case (I'm a graphic designer).

So I put it on using Adobe Audition, and cleaned it up a bit (the quality wasn't the best). I emailed it everywhere and even posted it online several times on several websites, one being The Singing News Forums. It was too good not to pass along! If you compare the file to any of the other ones found on the internet, you see that this matches up perfectly!

Anyway, this thing has gone viral and shared so much online it's unbelievable! Oh... because of all the popularity, Steve admitted to being the singer and even did a youtube version to prove it!

Enjoy!!!!


~Matt

No comments: