Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week Rundown! (11/28/10 - 12/04/10)



Sunday:

Today was a little busy. There was men's prayer breakfast at church before vans. Then morning services! During the evening services, we heard from Russian missionary, Vladimri Lukyanov.  


Monday:

Mysia was picked up by Abigail and I met them at home when I got off work. Lydia picked up Malachi. While making supper, pork chops & rice, I got Malachi his shower. By doing so, it made the evening easier!

I then went off to quartet practice while Lydia got Mysia her shower, and then let the kids play for a bit before sending them to bed. Lydia then worked on homework.


Tuesday:

After getting home and eating, I got the kids their showers while Lydia headed out for BioLife. I then let the the kids watch the Christmas specials that were on tv. We watched the Grinch and then the holiday version of Shrek. I enjoyed the Grinch like always, but wasn't to thrilled over the Shrek cartoon... to me, it just doesn't fit.

Mysia and I worked on her homework. She's doing pretty good! I then got the kids to bed and worked on a few things. Lydia came home and worked on some homework before we went to bed.


Wednesday:

Mysia was picked up from school by Abigail and went home with her. Lydia picked up Malachi after work, and I met them at home. We ate real quick and headed off to church. It was 'fun night' for the children's services. So we had a lesson, played board games, and enjoyed snacks. We also worked with the children on their Christmas song for the program coming up in a few weeks!


Thursday:

This evening was supposed to be a little more relaxed... but I stayed busy. Lydia had an appointment with BioLife, so after she left I got the kids their showers. Mysia accidentally tore the toilet paper holder off the wall (it had been loose anyways). I then helped her with her homework. Malachi tried to help as well...

After putting them to bed, I got some things done around the house and Lydia worked on homework after arriving back home.


Friday:

My parents picked up the kids from daycare and school. They took them to Silver Dollar City. That gave Lydia and I the evening off to go to her work's Christmas party!

Her work rented out the Pythian Castle, a place I've been wanting to visit for years! It was decorated, and Christmas music played while we sat waiting for other to show up since we had arrived early. Lydia introduced me several of her coworkers, and we set with a few that were in charge of the who event!

We had a good meal, and were entertained by two characters... Old Saint Nicolas and Santa Clause! They were hired to sing and interact with the crowd. They were funny, and definitely not a perfect act, which actually added to the humor of it all. Each of the different stores did little acts to songs in competition. Lydia took part in her act, and it was quite comical!

After the party, we headed over to my folks' house. It was late, and Mysia fell asleep on the couch. We visited anyway. BJ, Ana, and Elijah were there, so the boys played while we talked. Like usual, technology (and in particular, cell phones) was the main topic. We didn't leave for home until after 12:30!


Saturday:

My body wanted to sleep in, but there was just too much to do! So we got up around 8:30. We got breakfast in the oven (Cinnamon rolls) and turned on the tv for cartoons. Lydia immediately started into her homework, and I pulled out the outdoor Christmas lights. As I figured, all four big strands of lights that I put on the house had sections that were out. I spent a couple hours going through and getting them working again! I wasn't to keen on spending money again on buying more lights.

The kids got dressed and came outside to play while I put up the lights. I was hoping for some warmer weather like they predicted, but I guess I was two early. It was overcast and windy! I didn't have too much problems until I came to the last set... Mysia ran over the strand with her little scooter, which meant that I had to replace at least ten bulbs throughout!

I finished in time to pack up the kids and head downtown for the event "Candyland at the Footbridge" (the longest footbridge in the nation)! They had candy, donuts, and gifts for the kids. They had to stand in line for an hour in the bitter wind to see Santa, get a hat or gloves, a ticket for a nice toy of their choice, and a book. I wasn't too happy with the waiting in line in the cold, but it was memorable!

Back at home, the kids took naps, and we worked on getting the house cleaned up. After a week of neglect on the most part, it needed it! I also ran to the store to grab a few things needed for the evening. Around 5ish, leaving the kids with a babysitter for several hours, we headed to our Sunday School Christmas Party! There were around 12 couples that showed up. We ate, snacked, visited, played games, and even did a gift exchange! Needless to say, we had a blast! What a way to end the week!

~Matt

No comments: